The Jason Bourne Movies

--
Boots

December 26th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Topic: The Jason Bourne Movies

So who's seen The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy?
My opinion, those two movies really kicked ass and it's too bad that some people think it's just a James Bond wannabe, because it really isn't. The character is anything but James Bond, the latter I never really liked that much anyways.
Maybe it's because I see Jason Bourne as a much upgraded version of myself... lol. Somewhat multi-lingual and practices a few martial arts.
Anyways what do you guys think about the movies and the characters in it?
December 26th, 2004  
pimp_squeak

I haven't seen the Bourne Supremacy but the book is kick ass. The Bourne Identity was decent although I don't think it does Ludlum justice.
December 26th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I'll be sure to pick up a book sometime soon
--
Boots
December 26th, 2004  
Sooners1

I liked both of these movies. I think that if they had anyone else play the role of Bourne it would not have worked though. Damon did a great job of keepin his expressions intact from the first to the second show.
December 26th, 2004  
beardo

Both awesome films
December 26th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Yeah, I think with the current generation (the guys that aren't old) Matt Damon probably has the most talent. You can tell who the good actor is by the amount of roles the guy can play convincingly.
That Jason Bourne role seemed to fit him superbly though... almost like he was made for it.
Some actors discover a role they were meant for too late in their career. Has anyone here seen Jean Claude van Damme's movie "Legionnaire"? You'll know what I mean. No Karate. It's a pretty decent war movie.
December 26th, 2004  
Ezechiel

Best secret agent movie I ever seen.

I mean, when u look at movies like James bond..........u see extremely unlogic actions and was filmed without real-agent style proffesion (or we can so, the agents in da certain movie, like James bond, don't look very proffesional as a secret agent). Is quite hard to explain. But one word to describe --- Not real-life enough.

Bourne movie is a very real-life, unique, extraoridinary agent film. For me it is a totally revolutionary agent film I watched. The action seems to be what an agent should have done and,without unlogic action like doing something special in a big disaster situation. The fight, tacnique seems to be what an agent is well trained of.

Very recommened film. Nice one
December 26th, 2004  
beardo

Its clever too...like the way he blows that tank up so the sniper cant see him...and on the 2nd one where he finds that telephone number off the hotel receptionist
December 27th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I was REALLY impressed with the level of tactic detail that went into the second movie. The hotel calling especially. Superb. Figure out what kind of hotel that person's likely to stay at, then call each one of them up.
That toaster bomb was incredible haha.
December 27th, 2004  
Locke

the movies were ok, they were over hyped but still good
however they did the books nowhere near the ammount of justice they deserved, they completely reworked the storyline so the only recognisable parts were:
*an amnesiac named jason bourne
*the name treadstone
and other stuff i cant remember cuz im not feeling well.

good movies, but in no way accurate