ISIS aims at Jordan,

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
I am hearing talks about the possibility of ISIS taking aims at Jordanian towns along the Jordan Syria border.

With the already complex situation of the U.S. Training rebels for the Free Syrian Army.

It seems that it would be a tangible aim for ISIS to shift focus there in building their new fundamentalist Caphilate.

The U.S. is confident that Jordan can hold it's own against any ISIS attack but my questions are what are thoughts on the matter should subversive elements (ones not paid for by the U.S. or Israel) try to cause trouble and destabilize Jordan's border make a go for it what are Israel's and the United States options.

Also as for Iran, they are on the verge of ironically becoming a de facto ally of the U.S. and in turn Israel as the situation worsens already in Iraq. Should this occur obviously it would be in an "the enemy of my enemy" stand point.

But does any one here think that any co operation could in the short term bolster stability in the region and strengthen in not friendly ties, but understanding between Iran and Israel?

And as Kissinger has tried in the past, could the U.S. if it plays it's card right prove to be a mediator that works for once rather than destabilizing yet another government?

Opinions and thoughts welcome.

-Yo.

But does any one here think that any co operation could in the short term bolster stability in the region and strengthen in not friendly ties, but understanding between Iran and Israel?

And as Kissinger has tried in the past, could the U.S. if it plays it's card right prove to be a mediator that works for once rather than destabilizing yet another government?

Opinions and thoughts welcome.

-Yo.

I think to be diplomatic you are being overly optimistic.

The problems between Israel, USA and Iran are intangible for a reason and that is to ensure that there is no solution to them.

Countries like America and Israel thrive off having enemies without them they are nations that can be conveniently forgotten and Iran stepped up to the plate by taking a few hostages 30 years ago while overthrowing a Western puppet.

That being said it is possible that they could become "friends of convenience" to face the greater threat in ISIS much like Britain and America were allied with the Soviet Union against the Germans but the second that threat is removed it will be back to business as usual which is the nature of politics and ideologies.

As for ISIS in Jordan, I think Jordan has enough allies and a military that is professional enough to defeat ISIS on the battlefield however it may struggle to contain attacks of a terrorist nature.

Jordon US Iran ISIS

The problem for the US and some of the more radical Arab states is related to Oil #1 and supporting Israel #2. Number 1 the US depend on Mideast oil plain and simple and maintained friendship with Mideast oil producing nations such as the Gulf states as well as Israel is where the difficultly lies. This brings the US into the neighborhood. I will not go into the complexities of the Israeli – Mideast conflict(s).
However I will speak for the US. They don’t depend on these minor conflicts and play the major role in at least trying to keep some of the worlds terrorist groups and dangerous regimes at bay. Often done where political and financial matters are at stake mind you. This isn’t WW2 or Vietnam where a Hugh segment of the economy is focused on financing wars and actions abroad, particularly under Obama’s leadership.
I tend to agree militarily the ISIS should have their hands full at least for now. This talk of attacking Iran and Jordon is premature. However individual terrorists acts wouldn’t surprise me. They are committing quite a few in Bagdad.

My first question is why you put this threat in terrorism forum? You mean that ISIS is a terrorist group? Ok if it is why your media and people didn't react when your senator was in Syria visiting Islamist and extremists or your government was supporting them directly or indirectly ?

13920307000271_PhotoL.jpg

13920307000247_PhotoL.jpg

Second there will not be any cooperation between the US and Iran in Iraq against ISIS. The US just want to do a deal on their food (ISIS) with Iran they cooked it 3 years ago in Syria. My question is why ISIS is just a threat for Iran and his allies in the region ( Syria, Iraq and Hezbollah ) not for The US allies?

Last edited:
Iraq?

The Obama administration try's to placate some, ignore others. To tell you the truth I don't understand all his nonsense myself. He should have enough sense to know you can't talk to IS and expect them to make concessions, that's ridiculous.
By staying neutral for so long in Syria he did nothing to prevent IS "as they are now called". I believe he should have aided the initial rebellion that was legitimate in wanting to throw off the dictator Assad. Then when ISIS came to the rescue of the repels like a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing they were welcomed. They showed their true nature when they had the power to do so and most Syrians are sorry they came. Now even supporting Assad would be preferable.
At least the US has done some limited bombing but it is insufficient, and needs to be stepped up to make a real difference. As for Iran I really don't know, perhaps their is still to many hard feeling? I do think the Gulf states are concerned as well. Fortunately IS has had some reverses recently with the help of Iranians, the Kurds and some US bombs. This has not stopped their terror bombing in Bagdad.
BTW that was good clarity about the Kurds several post ago.

Last edited:
Couple problems with the Kurds there's not enough of them and they have their own agenda , they would like nothing better than for the U.S. to set them up with their own little empire .

I guess a degree of autonomy for the Kurds within a unified Iraq would be the best of outcomes if that is even possible with the present mess

Back