Intro

--

July 8th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Hey all,
I am new to the forum and just want to say hi. My name is Casey and I am a Staff Sergeant in the reserves. In SEP, I am going back to active duty as a 13f forward observer.

I was with the 101st from 97-01 as a 13f. In 99, I volunteered to go to Kosovo. I got out thinking college was the thing to do. 1 year and $18,000 later spent I dropped out because college cost too much. I joined the reserves as a 21b combat engineer to keep the military option open. In NOV 02, I volunteered to be deployed to Kuwait with a multi roll bridge company. We were attached to the 3rd ID and rode thru the war with them. My unit built a bridge along the Euphrates and then moved to Balad we were spent the rest of our time there. I found out that engineers get passed all over the place doing odd & end jobs. I returned to the US in SEP 03. After a bit I decided that the military is the place for me and I will be going to Ft. Carson very soon. Chances are I will be headed back to the sand box early next year.

Soon I will have enough college credits to become an officer. I have seen some pretty messed up things in the army. As an NCO, you can only do so much.

Well, that's enough about me. I'll be around

SSG Doody
July 8th, 2004  
thebrahmagr81

welcome sounds like you have had an interesting career so far with much more to come good luck in the future
July 8th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Welcome to the forum Doody
--
July 8th, 2004  
Redleg

Great, another Redleg!

Welcome Doody!
July 8th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Welcome Doody .. keep your chin up, I have a feeling the beloved Army is in for some much needed spring cleaning before too long.
July 8th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Welcome on boat
July 9th, 2004  
11bravo8387

Welcome to the forum Doody. Sounds like things will be going good for you soon. I was stationed at Carson...I think you'll like it if you like the great outdoors. Best of luck to you.
July 9th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

That is exactly why I picked Carson 11bravo. I visited there before and loved it
July 9th, 2004  
Doc.S

Welcome sir

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 9th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Hi Doody welcome to the forum.