Interested in becoming a PMC without any Military Experience

Foodle

Hey everyone. After reading through these forums quite a bit, I figure I'd go ahead and create my own thread, seeing as a lot of the posts about Private Military work was posted during Iraq and Afghanistan, and now that we're out of them, I feel as though the information is a bit dated. Anyway.

I'm a 17 Year Old High School Senior who's interested in joining the Military, or at least I was. Sadly, I have a few health conditions that disqualify me from becoming formal Military, at least in the US. The health problems haven't effected me yet, but still DQ me from military service. So, after reading up a bit on careers similar to the Military, I found that Private Military Contracting/Mercenaries would be the best fit for me. So, I was wondering a few things.

1: Is my preconception that Africa is a place where someone like me could easily find work correct? How hard is it to get a job doing PMC/"Mercenary" work down there? Does anyone have any experience with it?

2: Are there any formal PMC's that will hire an eighteen year old without any experience, preferably with more front line jobs ?

3: How does one go about becoming part of a PMC/"Mercenary" Group?

4: Outside of the US Military, are there any countries that accept Americans with some health issues (Bad kidneys, horrible eyesight)?

5: I've read a lot about people joining the Pershmerga Forces or the Ukrainian Freedom Fighters. Do either of these things count as "experience" when applying to a PMC?

6: Is there anything I can do to increase my likelihood of getting accepted into a PMC?

7: For someone like me, what's the best place to find Military styled work?

I should probably add the obligatory "I'm not a crazy COD Kid" bit. I'd like to do Military work, and if I'm unable to do it formally, I'm content with doing Private Military/Mercenary jobs. I'm drawn towards the decent pay check, the chance to "see the world", and I'm not going to lie, the promise of action.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Hey everyone. After reading through these forums quite a bit, I figure I'd go ahead and create my own thread, seeing as a lot of the posts about Private Military work was posted during Iraq and Afghanistan, and now that we're out of them, I feel as though the information is a bit dated. Anyway.

I'm a 17 Year Old High School Senior who's interested in joining the Military, or at least I was. Sadly, I have a few health conditions that disqualify me from becoming formal Military, at least in the US. The health problems haven't effected me yet, but still DQ me from military service. So, after reading up a bit on careers similar to the Military, I found that Private Military Contracting/Mercenaries would be the best fit for me. So, I was wondering a few things.

1: Is my preconception that Africa is a place where someone like me could easily find work correct? How hard is it to get a job doing PMC/"Mercenary" work down there? Does anyone have any experience with it?

2: Are there any formal PMC's that will hire an eighteen year old without any experience, preferably with more front line jobs ?

3: How does one go about becoming part of a PMC/"Mercenary" Group?

4: Outside of the US Military, are there any countries that accept Americans with some health issues (Bad kidneys, horrible eyesight)?

5: I've read a lot about people joining the Pershmerga Forces or the Ukrainian Freedom Fighters. Do either of these things count as "experience" when applying to a PMC?

6: Is there anything I can do to increase my likelihood of getting accepted into a PMC?

7: For someone like me, what's the best place to find Military styled work?

I should probably add the obligatory "I'm not a crazy COD Kid" bit. I'd like to do Military work, and if I'm unable to do it formally, I'm content with doing Private Military/Mercenary jobs. I'm drawn towards the decent pay check, the chance to "see the world", and I'm not going to lie, the promise of action.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

You will never be considered by any PMC without any experience of the military and your bad kidneys will prevent you from getting any. The thing you can do is to forget the whole thing. You can't be a merc, unless you would like to work for some criminal gangs in Mexico or elsewhere.

If you want to work in the field of security, the way into these kind of jobs is through the universities. When you are done with that, maybe intelligence agencies can be interested in hiring you. However, I raise a question about where your loyalties reside, when you want to fight without any thoughts about for whom and against whom.

You will never be considered by any PMC without any experience of the military and your bad kidneys will prevent you from getting any. The thing you can do is to forget the whole thing. You can't be a merc, unless you would like to work for some criminal gangs in Mexico or elsewhere.

If you want to work in the field of security, the way into these kind of jobs is through the universities. When you are done with that, maybe intelligence agencies can be interested in hiring you. However, I raise a question about where your loyalties reside, when you want to fight without any thoughts about for whom and against whom.

I appreciate the honest answer. I'll still be looking into this line of work, as I'm sure where there's a will, there's a way.

I appreciate the honest answer. I'll still be looking into this line of work, as I'm sure where there's a will, there's a way.
Thats not quite how it works mate.
Just because a man with no arms says 'where there's a will, there's a way' doesn't mean he will be a champion arm wrestler.
Unfortunately, not everyone can do everything........

The answer is no. You don't have the training, experience, physicality, or contacts to be a reliable member of any team dealing with armed conflict. You are a liability. The market is still saturated with guys that are actually qualified with more than a decade of experience doing this job. Not to mention, any reputable PMC that isn't going to get you killed outright is going to require you to have as strict, or even stricter health standards than the military.

Being a badass might seem like it is cool...it isn't. It comes at a huge price for those who can pull it off. The bottom line is, you have to be able to pull it off before it becomes a thing and that thing usually takes you to a place you can never return from.

Go to school. Let go of this fantasy. Your will isn't enough to keep your kidneys from failing or eyesight to improve when you have lost your glasses in a fight. Like I said, you're a liability. It isn't you being killed I would be concerned about, it would be those around you who can actually do the job but have to pull your weight too because you can't. This isn't the movies where you end up proving all along that you deserve to be there. In real war...you just become hamburger and get others killed.

Back