Indian Army Training pictures - Page 6

--

January 30th, 2005  
Sexybeast

u lucky man......got VIP passes!!

nice pics....
January 31st, 2005  
MadeInChina

i like the variety of cultural troops representing parts of india's multiethenic groups

wuts the diff between new delhi and old delhi, is it the same city or is it like old delhi was destroyed and new delhi was built uponj it?
January 31st, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Delhi Map

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...elhi/delhi.htm

The map Clearly Shows Where Old Delhi is and Where new Delhi is .

The Cental parts comprising Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk and surrowinding Areas are part of Old Delhi ...................whic is there since the Mugal Era ( 16 th Century )...............if you venture into them you will get a taste of the Mugal Artictures the Buldings still have that Mugal Touch.

Rest is the New Delhi which was Built Later........ ( then there is Outer Delhi and South Delhi and etc etc many more ) ...............

And New delhi was not Built Upon Old Delhi ..................just extended newer Areas and Called them New .

Parts of outer delhi are Just called Delhi .............neither old or New ......

Peace
-=SF_13=-
--
February 1st, 2005  
MadeInChina

oo i get it

umm... interesting thing is its not built like all the other cpitals in the world, whereas the city is like a fortress with ring roads and suburbas surrounding the city in a circular form

nways, care to create a thread of pics of modern india, i know some of us tend to think of india as smelly and people stuffed on trains that people had to stand on top of cars, but how is it now, what is it like, a pic is a thousand word
February 1st, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

ooooo and while you are Looking at the map ..................let me tell ou this Parade starts form India Gate and ends at Red Fort .................Approx 9 kilometers ( 5.59234073 miles) Away .

BTW: **Sniff** **Sniff** But we are Smelly People

Peace
-=SF_13=-
February 4th, 2005  
rajkhalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
The Famous Gurkha Regiment
Hi,

That's not GR, but Assam Rifles rgmt. Here are some more pics (small, so posting them inline)

^ Military marching band

^ Ladkah Scouts

^ Kolkatta police dogs saluting

^ Naval Police

^ BrahMos in launch canisters

^ Kashmir Police

^ Civil Defence Corps cadets

^ Spectators

^ Gurkha regiment

^ Policeman taking snaps of the parade with cameraphone

^ Sikh Regiment

^ Assam Rifles

^ Delhi Police commandos guarding the parade

^ IAF Su-30MKIs demonstrating mid-air refueling

^ ...Another pic

^ IAF Jaguars flying in formation
February 5th, 2005  
MadeInChina

man, gotta love the su-30s, unlike previous soviet aircraft, these birds look great with a sleek design and high performance all in one package
February 5th, 2005  
Sexybeast

beautiful aircrafts
February 13th, 2005  
sambad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
I saw all that live on TV , they shortened the parade this time though for some reason , but it was awesome.The V-Shaped Jaguar flypast was tight.

Jai Hind

This pic is awesome IMO, IMPECCABLE MARCHING !

sorry sir but thats not a V shaped Jaguar flypast but a Wedge Shaped Formation of Jaguar Aircrafts.
Regards
SAM
February 13th, 2005  
sambad

^ Policeman taking snaps of the parade with cameraphone

that guy isnt a policeman but he belongs to Arty Regt of the Indian Army
Regards
SAM[/img]