Incoming

--

August 20th, 2004  
Meta

Topic: Incoming

Hello Ladies and Gentleman.

A Canadian here, looking to start a Vietnam War reenacting group in southern Ontario. But more importantly, looking for any information the Veterans can provide to make me more knowledgable, and make any soldier recreation more true to history.

It's hard to find contacts in the unit I'm looking to reenact under (173rd), but I'm willing to take virtually any information from any Vet.

Thanks for listening, I know these intro threads can be a pain to read sometimes.
August 20th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Topic: Re: Incoming

Welcome to the site.

Quote:
Thanks for listening, I know these intro threads can be a pain to read sometimes.
No, actually we prefer all members to introduce themselves prior to jumping into the discussions, it helps to break the ice and know who you are "talking" to. You did the proper thing by introducing yourself.

Quote:
It's hard to find contacts in the unit I'm looking to reenact under (173rd), but I'm willing to take virtually any information from any Vet.
I am suprised, especially given the amount of stories, groups and resources former members of the third herd have organised on the net. The best places to search are vietnam military site's that have guest books. Many people will sign them, leave their unit and contact information.

Have you tried:
173rdAirborne.com
August 20th, 2004  

Welcome to the forum, Meta. 8)
--
August 21st, 2004  
Keist IV

Topic: Howdy Howdy

Welcome to the forums Meta. I am sure you will find lots of help here. These guys know their stuff really well
August 21st, 2004  
Redleg

Welcome to the forums Meta.

Feel free to ask (almost) any questions you may have, we have a few Vietnam Vets in here already.
August 21st, 2004  
Mwashu

Howdy and Welcome! ^_^
August 21st, 2004  
Redneck

Welcome to the forums, Meta, and good luck with your group.
August 21st, 2004  
Darkmb101

Welcome to teh boards Meta 8)
August 21st, 2004  
echo

Welcome Meta. Always good to have another fellow Canadian on the board.

Good luck with your group. Im sure youll be able to find some help here.
August 21st, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Welcome! When's your birthday? I find it boring to look on peoples profiles, and hell, I'll remember it better if you tell me, and doesn't it just make you feel special to tell people when your birthday is? mine is 13 March by the way. I feel special now