The Importance of being Positive.

FreyaCat

Because it's all random, and I'm vaguely sleep deprived and this is something that's been on my mind for a long while....

Why be positive when it's so much easier to be negative?

There's so much stuff to complain about. From the fact that you got that annoying stone in your shoe, all the way across the spectrum to dissatisfaction with your government and the conviction that the Universe is conspiring against you.

It's so much easier to see the bad things because they're thrown in our faces all the time, through the media, through our interactions with people we see on a daily basis, through our memories. We feel the negative things so much more. It's horribly easy to forget the positive things. Especially in this day and age.

On the most base level, we forget to appreciate ourselves. We don't even see how our actions affect others. We forget how to be good. Starting with the people closest to us, we should all practice the art of being positive. Stop taking the little things for granted. Remembering to say THANKS when your significant other brings you your morning coffee/tea... and actually meaning it! Give them a smile, even if you're feeling grumpy. Take the time to tell your kids that you love them - even if they haven't done half the stuff they're supposed to have done before leaving to school.

Find the beauty in everything. Because it's right there in front of you. Even the sun rising in a smog filled sky, can be beautiful if you look for the colours and the shades. The perfection of that web created by a spider and covered in lingering raindrops. Stuck in the sheer madness of that rushour traffic jam, stop cursing and behaving like a jerk. Sit back, accept the fact that you're going to be late. You can't make the traffic move any quicker, and you're just winding yourself up into a state of furious negative energy that will sit with you and fester the whole day. Accept it. Turn up the music and think of happier things.

Nothing - good or bad - ever happens to us without a reason behind it. FIND that reason, or ACCEPT that there is a reason, even if it defies rational thought. None of us are given any trials that we cannot deal with.

Stop complaining! Because really, there is nothing more annoying than someone who complains constantly. Positivity breeds positivity. Yeah, there's bad stuff in the world. But one single person CANNOT change the world. And change isn't going to come about by incessant complaining. Change for the good can ONLY come about by DOING good. Stop sitting in your lounge and bitching about how the government sucks and they're a bunch of *******s or whatever. Step outside your door and go FIND something GOOD.

Because it's all random, and I'm vaguely sleep deprived and this is something that's been on my mind for a long while....

Why be positive when it's so much easier to be negative?

There's so much stuff to complain about. From the fact that you got that annoying stone in your shoe, all the way across the spectrum to dissatisfaction with your government and the conviction that the Universe is conspiring against you.

It's so much easier to see the bad things because they're thrown in our faces all the time, through the media, through our interactions with people we see on a daily basis, through our memories. We feel the negative things so much more. It's horribly easy to forget the positive things. Especially in this day and age.

On the most base level, we forget to appreciate ourselves. We don't even see how our actions affect others. We forget how to be good. Starting with the people closest to us, we should all practice the art of being positive. Stop taking the little things for granted. Remembering to say THANKS when your significant other brings you your morning coffee/tea... and actually meaning it! Give them a smile, even if you're feeling grumpy. Take the time to tell your kids that you love them - even if they haven't done half the stuff they're supposed to have done before leaving to school.

Find the beauty in everything. Because it's right there in front of you. Even the sun rising in a smog filled sky, can be beautiful if you look for the colours and the shades. The perfection of that web created by a spider and covered in lingering raindrops. Stuck in the sheer madness of that rushour traffic jam, stop cursing and behaving like a jerk. Sit back, accept the fact that you're going to be late. You can't make the traffic move any quicker, and you're just winding yourself up into a state of furious negative energy that will sit with you and fester the whole day. Accept it. Turn up the music and think of happier things.

Nothing - good or bad - ever happens to us without a reason behind it. FIND that reason, or ACCEPT that there is a reason, even if it defies rational thought. None of us are given any trials that we cannot deal with.

Stop complaining! Because really, there is nothing more annoying than someone who complains constantly. Positivity breeds positivity. Yeah, there's bad stuff in the world. But one single person CANNOT change the world. And change isn't going to come about by incessant complaining. Change for the good can ONLY come about by DOING good. Stop sitting in your lounge and bitching about how the government sucks and they're a bunch of *******s or whatever. Step outside your door and go FIND something GOOD.
reading the Bible will help set you free. Also something to contemplate.

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

C.S.Lewis

reading the Bible will help set you free. Also something to contemplate.

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

C.S.Lewis

I do like that quote from C S Lewis. That was exactly how I was feeling last night. Oddly enough.

I've read some parts of the Bible, but I'm not Christian, so I don't base my beliefs around it.

Somtimes its really hard to find the postivies,in some situations.
However i see your point and i agree with everything u said,besides"nothing bad or good happens to us without a reason".

This is hard but possible, I read all your thoughts. It is the reality, in short you can make yourself better with this failing world, it's just up to you. Like the economy, none of us could change it. But little contribution counts, would you agree with me? :thumb:

Back