Imperial Glory

Kilgore

There is an interesting game that will come in a couple of months. Its based in the napoleonic era. Well from the beginning of the french revolution to 1830 i think. Anyway there are 5 nations that are playable, which are the British, French, Prussians, Russians and Austrians. This game will be much like ROME: total war, where you can command thousands of soldiers and lead them to victory. Not only that, but you can also take command of naval battles. Its a must have for all History and RTS junkies.

http://www.imperialglory.com/

Ya Imperial Glory is amazing got a clan for it already lol I want it that bad. I like RTW better though that was to be the best strat game I have ever played. GO GERMANIA

Tried the demo, looks very promising (esp. when the Napoleon Mod for RTW is still only 20% complete....). But I sorta' don't like the way they divide the campaign map into provinces like MTW...it just kinda seems awkward and inevitable that you HAVE to fight the enemy to annex the area.

GO ROMA! :horsie: :D

I just played it recently and i must say that its quite fun. I have been playing the same 2 missions over and over. There is one thingi dislike though... For some reason when the infantry are engaged into hand to hand combat, they charge into the fight and break their lines, making it easy for enemy cavalry to sneak through and target my artillary. I notice in the medium level that the cannons are crucial for victory, so its best to find high ground to ensure there will be no friendly fire. When used well, those cannons can surely pack a punch.

Glad to see people are interested in the game afterall :D

Kind of interesting how the cannons fire at the position that the targetted enemy was (sometimes they just stand there, which is good) at. Good if there's a scenario where the enemy comes to you - organised in a column. Bad if you spend most of your time making sure your cavalry doesn't get blown to bits trying to charge down the enemy artillery (like me :horsie: :horsie: ).

Yeah, its annoying how cannons do not fire at the target but fire at the area you tell them to so if the enemy forces are mobile, its hell to get the artillary to destroy them. Well in the demo, it seems the best solution is to take the high ground, set up a fortified position and send out your cavalry to raid their troops, then of course send them back to the rest fo your forces before they get overwhelmed. It triggers the enemy to advance to your position.

Back