Illinois Spring Encampment 2005!

well last years I would give a seven, because of horrible staff. This year a 9 because of improved staff and classes, but 2 hour firewatch

Does Illinois have a Cadet Training Group type of thing? Where the Cadet staff does the teaching, drilling, yelling? Just wondering. :rambo:

Hm....it isn't fair to say your wing's encampment is the best. First, have you been to every encampment in CAP?
Have you gone as staff and as a basic?
Have you truly compared yours to everyone else’s?
If you have, kudos- you have too much time on your hands.

Every wing has a different program, and a different way of running things. Other wings may have better ways to do the same thing, and some may be "better". But, unless you take time to compare, and actually attend and see another wings at work first hand, you can not make statements such as "we are better then you". It starts to sound childish.

Yes, have pride in your wing. I know I take pride in CAP, my wing, group, and sq. And yes there will be a little friendly rivalry, but try not to pre-judge the unknown.

Sorry, this is just one of my many pet peeves....

alliehz said:
Hm....it isn't fair to say your wing's encampment is the best. First, have you been to every encampment in CAP?
Have you gone as staff and as a basic?
Have you truly compared yours to everyone else’s?
If you have, kudos- you have too much time on your hands.

Every wing has a different program, and a different way of running things. Other wings may have better ways to do the same thing, and some may be "better". But, unless you take time to compare, and actually attend and see another wings at work first hand, you can not make statements such as "we are better then you". It starts to sound childish.

Yes, have pride in your wing. I know I take pride in CAP, my wing, group, and sq. And yes there will be a little friendly rivalry, but try not to pre-judge the unknown.

Sorry, this is just one of my many pet peeves....

Maybe he was comparing previous encampments from his area, as opposed to a different regions encampment.

It's just a thought, but I'd check to see what's on the go before making such comments.

NCdt Steliga said:
Maybe he was comparing previous encampments from his area, as opposed to a different regions encampment.
It's just a thought, but I'd check to see what's on the go before making such comments.
I'm speaking more of CAP as a whole. Not just the encampments around him. But yes, I understand that point.

I just don't like it when cadets go around saying thier encampment is the best, blah blah blah. I know I did it, but when you think about. Unless you have gone to each encampment as a basic and as staff, you can not make those statements. Like I said, be proud of your Wing. Take pride in it and be happy your wing has a good program. But isn't it taking it too far when you start making those types of statements without backround to fully understand other wings? I see this problem in my own wing, and it bugs me! Cadets and SM's start taking too much pride, and end up making bad reputations for the wing, and themselves.

we were talking in comparison of GLRSE 2004 and GLRSE 2005 we never said that they are the best of all, everyone knows that CAWG has the best ones

airmanpatroler said:
Hey you are from CAWG I heard a funny story about CAWG patches.
I've heard them all....it doesn't surprise me. I'm still proud of my flying banana. 8)

I was refereing to this actually...
7.62 said:
Minnesota has the best Encampment. Period. [snip]
I know you and airmanpatroler were speaking of your own experiences.
Not offend anyone. Once again, it's a pet peeve of mine...I wont expand any further.

Back