IFVs?

roger

I am new here and I came really just to discuss one matter, Infantery Fighting Veichles. Everyone says the Bradley is undergunned and underarmoured, is it really so inferiour to other ones, e g Marder, Warrior or CV90?

roger said:
I am new here and I came really just to discuss one matter, Infantery Fighting Veichles. Everyone says the Bradley is undergunned and underarmoured, is it really so inferiour to other ones, e g Marder, Warrior or CV90?

The problem is tactics.

The U.S. uses the Bradley in three different roles. Cavalery, Infantry and Air Defence Arty.

The Bradley was made as a taxi, not and IFV. While the U.S. has uparmored the Bradley and it does fire DU shells, you really can't compare somthing until is has served in a combat enviortment or unless two vehicles are in a face off.

Cadet Seaman said:
The problem is tactics.

The U.S. uses the Bradley in three different roles. Cavalery, Infantry and Air Defence Arty.

The Bradley was made as a taxi, not and IFV. While the U.S. has uparmored the Bradley and it does fire DU shells, you really can't compare somthing until is has served in a combat enviortment or unless two vehicles are in a face off.

Ummm...no?

The Bradley was always designed as an IFV.

The Bradley is better then the Marder. The Warrior is better armored then it, the CV90 has a better gun then it, but not better armor.

Koz said:
Ummm...no?

The Bradley is better then the Marder. The Warrior is better armored then it, the CV90 has a better gun then it, but not better armor.

Lets compare apples to apples, shall we? I have no doubt that the basic version of the CV90 has at least as good armor-protection as the Bradley... It is also a bit smaller in size.

Of course the Bradley is now outfitted with add on armor, to further increase its armor-protection... But so can the CV90 be:
CV90ra.jpg

Koz said:
The CV90 only weights 18 tons compared to the Bradley's 33. I can only assume it is better armored.

CV90-specs

Here the combat-weight is claimed to be 26 tonnes. Hägglunds claims the Max combatweight to 28 tons. This is probably without add-on armor.

dobrodan said:
Lets compare apples to apples, shall we? I have no doubt that the basic version of the CV90 has at least as good armor-protection as the Bradley... It is also a bit smaller in size.

Of course the Bradley is now outfitted with add on armor, to further increase its armor-protection... But so can the CV90 be:
CV90ra.jpg
As the picture shows, it can also be camouflaged perfectly for the Lego battlefield.

dobrodan said:
CV90-specs

Here the combat-weight is claimed to be 26 tonnes. Hägglunds claims the Max combatweight to 28 tons. This is probably without add-on armor.
There are three versions, A,B and C. The C is extra armoured.

The gun type can differ - 30 or 40 mm depending on country.

Another issue is the terrain ability, I've read about the Norwegian test when the Bradley had to be taken by heavy transport to the winter terrain course, it couldn't even get there throu the snow by itself.

roger said:
There are three versions, A,B and C. The C is extra armoured.

The gun type can differ - 30 or 40 mm depending on country.

Another issue is the terrain ability, I've read about the Norwegian test when the Bradley had to be taken by heavy transport to the winter terrain course, it couldn't even get there throu the snow by itself.

A BV206 actually got stuck in the snow while trying to follov the CV90 during that test. The CV90 actually had to pull it free!

Koz said:
Ummm...no?

Really? Then why did they U.S. try to improve upon the M113A3 APC, but failed to do anything productive?

The mission of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle [BFV] is to provide mobile protected transport of an infantry squad to critical points on the battlefield and to perform cavalry scout missions.

Last edited:
Back