HumVees vs APC

--

July 31st, 2004  
GSO

Topic: HumVees vs APC

Do HumVees make good troop carriers in a hostile enviornment? I noticed the Marines have started to use an armor plating solution on the driver and passenger doors to protect them from schrapnel from IEDs and are building armor plates for the top gunner. Personnaly I perfer the six by six wheeled armored personnel carrier that deflects RPGs.
July 31st, 2004  
SHERMAN

This has been discussed before.
July 31st, 2004  
GSO

Topic: Withdraw topic

Asked and Answered
--
July 31st, 2004  
SHERMAN

LOL. I meant that the use of Humvees has been discussed in a topic here before, and if youl look artound for it, youll find that we discussed the heck out of it. The topic should be in this section of the site.
July 31st, 2004  
GSO

Topic: Explosive Resistant Coating

This is a new topic as of July 24, 2004
http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/
A HMMWV with Explosive Resistant Coating (ERC) armor door at Camp Fallujah, Iraq, July 24, 2004. The ERC is used to protect Marines from improvised explosive devices during Security and Stabilization Operations in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq.
August 3rd, 2004  
silent driller

Lemme speak before this gets locked then. I say Humvee for sheer agility and flexibility. There ain't but so fast, so agile, and so flexible an APC can be. A Humvee can have weaopns attatched, a hospital installed, MP booth created, and who knows what else...
August 5th, 2004  
clivecussler

Since my dad owns a Humvee and I've driven it numersous times, I'm inclined to say Humvee. An APC is okay for protection, but a Humvee is a great utility and transport vehicle.
August 6th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Here is the last discussion....

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=2891

This was started as more of a general discussion, but had the same tone. BTW:

Quote:
Since my dad owns a Humvee and I've driven it numersous times, I'm inclined to say Humvee. An APC is okay for protection, but a Humvee is a great utility and transport vehicle.
A true HUMVEE or an H2? The H2 is a warmed over Suburban.
August 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

acctually, its a Taho, not a suberban....
August 6th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
acctually, its a Taho, not a suberban....
Same Chassis.....new name