View Poll Results :Hummer or Land Rover
Hummer 15 75.00%
Land Rover 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 8th, 2004  
BigBert96

Topic: Hummvee or Land Rover?

Which vehicle would you use in your army? The American made Hummvee, or the British made land rover? (For Multirole)
October 8th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think the Hummer is a better weapons platform.
October 8th, 2004  
Shadowalker

THe hummer is a lot larger so it has a lot more capacity to put weapons on and other sysems, but i prefer the land rover as its been doing the job for the last 40 odd years, theres several variants with armour and weapons and its smaller than the hummer so manouvering it around is a lot easier and its not so noticeable (maybe thats why the rangers have it as one of there vehicles?) and its as good off road as the hummer.
--
October 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Acctually, id like both. The land rover can go places the hummer cant. The dang thing is so wide....
October 8th, 2004  
KAMIKAZI

The landrover because its a very very good offroader, although as you say the humvee is a better weapon platform! I saw a black Hummer in a village the other day thats like a humvee basically.
October 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, I've never seen an independent side by side test of the two. Both are excellent. I couldn't say which is better offroad. Looks-wise, the Hummer has a wider-set wheel base, but I'm not sure if this becomes an adavantage or liability in most situations.
October 8th, 2004  
Shadowalker

The land rover is no longer the sole choice of vehicle for the british army in its class, i agree that a mix of 2 would be the best option but the width of the hummer must make it a ***** to drive in dense terrain
October 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

yep.Israel uses both.
October 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

True. The physics of things would favor a wider wheel base on rough terrain without encountering brush and trees.
October 9th, 2004  
Trevor

I could see landrovers tipping a lot easier.