How the term Devil Dog came into being. - Page 2

--

May 7th, 2005  
Charge 7

Btw, only 19 men have been awarded the Medal of Honor (MH not CMoH) twice. Gunnery Sergeant Daley is in a very select group.
May 7th, 2005  
rotc boy

i guess its time to get the sharpies and fix the books
May 8th, 2005  
thegrinch073

History Books can be wrong quite often as in this example: Audie Murphy was the most decorated solider in WWII and in American History.

False. Goes to Lt. Col. Matt Urban, however, due to paperwork mixups did not recieve several awards, including the CMOH until President Carter's Administration.
--
May 8th, 2005  
Locke

what is the difference between teh Medal of honor and the congressional medal of honor?
May 8th, 2005  
rotc boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrinch073
History Books can be wrong quite often.
so i might have gotten a 100 on that history test
May 8th, 2005  
Charge 7

There is only the Medal of Honor, Locke. It is often incorrectly called the "Congressional Medal of Honor" because it requires Congress to approve the award but also, I'm sure, because people like the longer name as it sounds more honorific. It is offically named the Medal of Honor (MH).
May 8th, 2005  
Locke

i love the little part in black hawk down where Bowden relates that he went to i think it was Gary Gordons home town to do a talk on the medal of honor and he went to the local library to read up on the medal and he was flicking thorugh the pages of this book, and he found that before him, the last person to borrow the book had been gary gordon when he was in his teens.
and the reading of that part from Henry V, its awesome
July 22nd, 2005  
LeEnfield

Both sides used dogs for trench clearance, the Germans used their German Shepherds, the British used Airdales. The Airdale is almost the same size as a German Shepherd and is a Terrier and is the largest one of the dog family and when goes in it will happily kill.