Special Ceremony 6 35.29%
Make him a member in the Hall of Fame 3 17.65%
Stadium Named After him 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 7th, 2004  
Darkmb101

I agree, Pat Tilman was a soldier who unfortunately died in combat, and he should be honored just like any other soldier. He didn't enlist to hunt for glory and we shouldn't glorify his death. He doesn't need it, he already has it.
May 8th, 2004  
RnderSafe

What the Cardnials are doing is a very positive and outward show of appreciation and respect. It is about time the NFL, with all of it's glory boy multimillion dollar players took a step back and looked at what is truly important. Let the Cardnials, his former teammates, honour him in the way they see fit. I see no valid reason to criticise their actions.
May 8th, 2004  
soilder79936

i would have to say make a stadium were he was stationed at and name it after him
--
Boots
May 9th, 2004  
silent driller

As far as the military is concerned, he WAS another soldier. I think he was more publicized because he left the NFL to BE a soldier. The NFL sould honor him in their fashion.
May 12th, 2004  
Achilles

Look poque, pat tillman could have stayed in america with a great carrer, plenty of dough, and anything else his heart desired, and if he hadnt gone to iraq, nobody would have though any less of him if heda stayed home, but he chose to do something for his country, and even die if nessasary, he had no thought of glory or fame, and its just those kinds of people who deserve the highest honer.
May 21st, 2004  
Sooners1

I have to say do a special ceremony. I think what Ranger Tillman did was amazing, it takes a special man to give up a life in the NFL to do what he did, but, he was still a soldier. What about all of the other soldiers that have died in war? His sacrifice was the same as theirs except they didnt play in the NFL.
May 21st, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue
Treat him like any other soldier that died in the war. He would not have wanted this fanfare. Hell, he even refused to release photos of him in a high and tight after the media caught wind that he was enlisting.

That is how I feel.
May 21st, 2004  
782.matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
I have to say do a special ceremony. I think what Ranger Tillman did was amazing, it takes a special man to give up a life in the NFL to do what he did, but, he was still a soldier. What about all of the other soldiers that have died in war? His sacrifice was the same as theirs except they didnt play in the NFL.
I agree.
July 9th, 2004  
PFCMiller

Topic: good

i like the idea of naming a plaza after him i think it's great it would be like a memorial for him so everyone can remember what he stood for and what kind of man he was i think every soilder should get a little special treatment theres butts are online everyday so.......have fun Pat Tillman you will be miss by all,but i'm sure in a better place now with no wars or fighting......Hoorah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!