How to ruin an F-16?

patterns

I agree the patterns are clearly there as well as the excuses.
icon14.gif

Let me chime in here the Mig 29 fore examples when the landing gear goes down the front engine intakes close, and luvers open on top of the wing which is where the air to feed the engine comes from there by avoiding possible FOD unlike western aircraft.

So a landing field that would wreck an F-16 could be used by a Mig 29 it's a fact.

In Korea the Russians flew a lot of the MiGs but they got shot down by the Americans all the same. It was a secret for almost forty years I think. But the kill ratio was like 12:1 and the MiG-15 wasn't an inferior aircraft to the F-86 in many respects.

I believe the score is much less than that when you look at F86 v Mig 15 only. The gap narrows a lot more when you look at Russian flown Mig-15 only.

Also remember the Migs were going after bombers and our fighters were going after Migs the mission has something to do with the ratio

Last edited:
Mig

Hi Topmaul
I was going to add that about the door but as far as I know its only on a Mg-29. Operating on grass runways or unpaved land strips would hurt any modern fighter. I would assume a F-14 or F/-18 that has a reinforced landing gear would be stronger then Russia land base fighters and they wouldn't land on grass or unprepared landing stripes if they didn't have to. It' just not done unless you how to, sort of like landing a fighter on a straight highway. Its more of a Russian thing to brag about.

And the feature with the gill intakes is only a feature on the early MiG-29s. The alternate intakes came with the price of lower fuel capacity and therefore shorter range. Later models scrapped this feature.

Fulcrum

the_13th_redneck I'm very impressed I didn't know you were that much into Fulcrums.
icon14.gif
When Topmaul added his post I was going to add this but got pulled away from the computer. Wow
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

The early model couldn't use a belly tank and use the 23mm cannon, the spent shell couldn't be ejected. I've been told the newer types corrected this problem but never read anything from MIG itself stating this.

Don't know about the very latest in the MiGs and Sukhois as in the MiG-35 or whatever atrociously high number they've slapped on the same old jet but even in terms of payload and range, the American counterpart almost always trumps them.

Back