How much are my guns worth?

Lilmissflamethrower

S&W 5906 with night sites
S&W 38

I have had them for ten years or more. I am thinking of selling but not sure what the prices would be in today's world. Plus I don't have the sales receipts anymore but I did buy them in CA.

I am sure that if you sent a PM to 5.56X45mm, he would give you an honest appraisal. Luis is in the gun business, besides presently training to be a police officer.

One, I need to see pictures of them to give you an idea. And two, what model S&W 38 do you have?

Ya know what? I have no clue! I will ask my friend who is keeping them. Its snub nosed.

Also, I have extra round magazines from when I was in l.e. What do they hold, 16 rounds? Gosh its been so long since I was in l.e. I totally forget.

Last edited:
Well, to find out what model the S&W 38 is, open the cylinder and right on the frame, it should say the model number.

As for the S&W 5906, it's a 15 round magazine in 9X19mm. If it's a standard 5906 in the stainless steel finish, with night sights and normal holster wear from being a LEO gun. I would say that you might be able to get $250 - $350 for it. If you live in Califorina, you might get a lttle more for it because of the communist like governmental rule on firearms there.

I don't have my 38 at home that is why I can't check what is but I will. Yes the 5906 was mandatory at my dept. They wanted the women to carry the smaller model but it couldn't hold as many rounds. They said if I could qualify with it I could use it and I did!

Then at another dept they gave me a S&W 44 I think? It was HORRIBLE. It jammed constantly and the way the round comes up from the chamber is just strange.

I paid $700 for the 5906 including the night sites. Man it sure devalued...

Well, that's just the low end of the spectrum. I have seen S&W 5906s go for around $450 - $500.

They aren't bad guns. And someone well buy them. They're not in high demand but alot of them are selling because of the simple fact that anyone will buy a good well made firearm for a good price.

Back