How much advantage will the US military tech still have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHERMAN said:
$6000 SUV

LOL....Have you noticed somthing? 6000$ SUVs drive like they cost :D I dont even like USA made cars, but Chinese products are a long way from eing high quality.

how much did DVD player cost you two years ago, and how much does DVD player cost at this time? ---Chinese defined the price as well as the quality for you. Donot be bias, discuss it!

by the way, if you still want to pay 300 dollars for DVD player, do it as you will! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SHERMAN said:
actually, my DVD was made in Japan.... :D

that is not the issue, SHERMAN, the issue is who defined the price !!!

The result is: American salary experined almost no increase at all in last 4 years, in fact, most of them, get payment slashed!!!!!

when the american dream is over,so is the defense. :? :cry: :(

Well now a days we want cheaper stuff, and the only way to make something cheap is to us cheap labor. We want more money but don't want to work to much for it, and since we want more money that drives up the cost of the products, forcing us to ship it over seas in order to make us happy with lower cost products. Yet we are mad at China and any other source of cheap labor cause we don't want to admit we did it to our selves :D . And the number one cause for all of this is that everyday everyone has it in some form LAZINESS. :D

you know what, huge number of people I know privately talking about buying RMB and selling US dollars very soon---before the end of this year, more and more information indicate RMB will double its value to US dollars.

Now, please times 2 (at least) when you calculate money that Chinese used for defense and divide 2 when you caluculate money that USA used for defense.

by the way, also good chance to earn some extra money for yourself at this time, it is once-a-life-time chance like stock market in 1999. sorry, off topic

No the best time would of been way back when Coke first came out. I believe if you would of invested like $15 into Coke stock you would be one rich geezer today (or something like that, h/o and i'll get the URL for it) But none of us here are that old :D .

$6000 SUV like Sherman says it will probably drive like it costs, just bacause something is cheap doesnt mean everyone will buy it, i would prefer a $26000 SUV because at least that way i would know that im buying good quality.

Now, please times 2 (at least) when you calculate money that Chinese used for defense and divide 2 when you caluculate money that USA used for defense.

Whats this about?

I think the real point was that they're still WORKING for American companies. They don't do highest level advanced stuff in India. They do that in America. If it's something they just need quantity.
I know they answer tech support stuff there as well. But there is a difference.
I think the stuff we were talking about was the most sophisticated, classified programming. That will be done in the US, especially if it's government related work. That's what I meant about all that programming. We were talking about the top level, classified stuff. How did you suddenly switch it over to stuff Microsoft makes??
Our basic civilian programs, yes. For the highest level stuff, no.
Okay you still haven't told me a top level Indian programming company.

whosewar2000 said:
p.s. regarding your questions that “you never heard any Indian famous IT companies” or “all programmers work in USA”.--------please do little research before post your arguments. I think most other people in the forum have different opinion with you. -------in fact, even your credit history evaluation software are made from India and your data are viewed and evaluated in India as well :twisted: :lol: :lol:

the_13th_redneck said:
I think the real point was that they're still WORKING for American companies. They don't do highest level advanced stuff in India. They do that in America. If it's something they just need quantity.
I know they answer tech support stuff there as well. But there is a difference..

did i say "tech support"? by the way, did you do the research as I told you :evil: ----very easy, just use google

here is one example:

http://www.forbes.com/associatedpress/feeds/ap/2004/07/29/ap1478291.html

by the way, many famous US software companies are found by Indian american or Chinese american, including CA (computer association), SAP, Peoplesoft...you just donot know it at all, workhard, man, try to learn something before you post your opinion. :eek: :eek:

Shadowalker said:

Whats this about?

say, 1 dollars used to worth 8.29 RMB, months later, it only worth 4.00RMB. What it means: if you go to internaional market, you used to buy 10 eggs , now you can only buy 5 eggs, Chinese just reverse it.
Soon, when enough people & coutries realize this, they begin to change USA dollars with RMB in huge number, US dollar will not beomce world-currency anymore. Since US government borrow so much money from other countries at this time (in US dollars), most countries will request rutern of the money immediatly cause they realize dollars are devaluating. When all the countries request returing of the money at the same time, US government will become bankrupt.

REMEMBER: US deficit is all-time high, never been such high!!!

For you life, if you still earn $5000 month and get paid by US dollars, you
will not get respected as before if you go to Japan or Asia anymore, caue they might just earn some money as they earn. In US domestic, you will quickly find every price is increasing dramatically, back to the eggs, you will find 10 eggs need 2 dollars instead of 1 dollar.

By then, the whole world currency price will finish the modification. US dollars lose the dominent position and so is the credibility of US government. If it happen furiously, it will end USA.

In 20 years USA will be beaten by Chinese in technology fields.

Mark my word: 2025 is the year.

Chinese are smart and hard working people, we fell behind US this much (now) is largely because: we went the wrong communist way, it wasted us too many years, but ok, forget the past, we are doing very well now, on a correct path.

You can't compare China of now with that in 1994, 10 years is already enough to make China progress a huge step forward.

U.S. losing title as the world's sole superpower

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040929/OPINION04/409290324/-1/OPINION

Dont forget if it can go down it can also go back up, Governments can just increase there interest rates and demand for there currency increases!

whosewar2000 said:
try to learn something before you post your opinion. :eek: :eek:
Why do research when its your opinion? If you do some research then its not an opinion, it can be proven there for it is a fact :D .
BTW whosewar2000 double posting is a big no no.

Well sence I lack the proper knowledge on the matter, and others seem to be limited in information too, I don't think this prediction can be repelled effectively.

Though honestly, it seems more geared toward economics and such rather than military technologies. It actually seems more of a show of "whoswar's" capability to cleave everything to do with US supremacy.

Just like the other uh........99% of his topics.

Sorry, but it's a pattern one can't help but see. It's this biased pattern that leads me to doubt much of this.

anyways...

The only way were ever going to see if whosewar2000 is right, is to either build a time machine, or wait for decades.

FlyingFrog said:
In 20 years USA will be beaten by Chinese in technology fields.

Mark my word: 2025 is the year.

Chinese are smart and hard working people, we fell behind US this much (now) is largely because: we went the wrong communist way, it wasted us too many years, but ok, forget the past, we are doing very well now, on a correct path.

You can't compare China of now with that in 1994, 10 years is already enough to make China progress a huge step forward.

U.S. losing title as the world's sole superpower

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040929/OPINION04/409290324/-1/OPINION
Of course you know my dislike for the application of the world "Superpower", but that's beside the point. China has tremendous potential, but its probably a mistake to make any predictions about who who will outstrip who in the future. Despite all that, it is somewhat of a relief to realize that China will have to cast off the Communist ideology fully in order to catch up. So the ideology that sets them at odds with the Western world and the United States will have been entirely abandonned by the time China completely catches up ... if that ever happens. We're taliking about the future, which is very difficult to predict.

ALL RIGHT, people

All I am trying to say is US tech advantage will decrease dramatically very soon ! much sooner than anybody's thought.

Yeah, US defense department get lots budget, almost the total of the rest of the world------but

when the economic crisis coming, most new concept of battleship and aircraft can only stay in concept forever.

when there is no manufacturing, battleship and aircraft can only stay in concept forever, or, maybe Chinese can manufacture for American by then

when US can only pay the same/less money to engineers or scientist, nobody is even going to work in US, dont forget, all those smart german american, itialian american, irish american, indian american, chinese american.... all will be gone! left by a bunch of crap in this land then..what a sad.....back to become farmers again...sigh... :( :(

ALL WILL HAPPEN AFTER BUSH ADMINISTRATION IN NEXT 4 YEARS. NO DOUBT! HE WILL MARK HIS NAME IN HISTORY BOOK BY BURYING AMERICA.

P.S. You never can talk about military alone. politics , economy, war always come together.

whosewar2000 said:
ALL WILL HAPPEN AFTER BUSH ADMINISTRATION IN NEXT 4 YEARS. NO DOUBT! HE WILL MARK HIS NAME IN HISTORY BOOK BY BURYING AMERICA.
You will regret saying those words. I bet you dont have the guts to walk up to any Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airman and tell him/her that.

nulli secundus said:
whosewar2000 said:
You will regret saying those words. I bet you dont have the guts to walk up to any Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airman and tell him/her that.

yeah, you can have different choice!! dont link patriot with loving bush please.

Shadowalker said:
Dont forget if it can go down it can also go back up, Governments can just increase there interest rates and demand for there currency increases!

are you talking about communist government? :lol: :lol: :lol:

the currency is defined by the market, say, the fact!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back