How ISIS Works

I believe that it's all about the oil/money/power. It doesn't have anything to do with actual "beliefs". They're using religion as a weapon, a tool to cause fear. This is why many people are against it. It's used as a weapon to destroy. What's really sad is watching people fall for this and begin to argue amongst themselves over beliefs. It only makes them (ISIS) stronger when they do this.

A country which has freedom of religion is a big threat to them because it's more powerful. Their leaders aren't going to tell them it's about oil, their beliefs are what make them feel entitled to do this. *as Brinktk stated before on another thread.

They use this freedom as a weapon by hiding behind religion as the reason for hate, and it's the quickest way to get a response because of the fear it causes.

Honestly, a clear evidence of what you're saying is the fact that these ISIL folks were pretty much Al-Qaeda in Iraq before creating their own group and having conflicts with another similar group called Al-Nusra front. All these groups pretty much more or less share the same ideology yet, they fight each other. There's power vacuum in the region and they're pretty much fighting so the winner takes the spot. It has nothing to do with religion, religion is pretty much for recruitment purposes.

I promise you I am very different to Spike on this one I am more than happy to let things die down as I know nothing said here will make a blind bit of difference and prefer to do more active type work on the issue but he did ask a question and I answered it hopefully providing some further means of him gathering information for himself.

What's going on with Spike again? He's one of the very few people in this forum that I'd bother to read his long posts.

I'm a Baptist a form of Christianity. In our Bible we are told to spread the word by Jesus and his apostles, but only to those who are willing listeners. Never to force ones viewpoints. Now people point to the Crusades, the Inquisition, the forced conversion of native peoples the list goes on... They do not follow the Lord but their own agenda's, yet they make us Christ abiding Christians look bad. So we do not preach do as I say or die. It is you who is misconstrued when making such statements. You make apologetics for the Muslims yet the % of Christians that out slaughtering people by the thousands in the name of Jesus is nil. A contradiction?
Perhaps a similar phenomena has occurred with the Muslim faith? Where the rotten apples have spoiled the barrel for the rest. When I lived near MI. the area in US with the highest of population of Muslims in the country I befriended them and ate at their restaurants. My tailor is a Muslim and I highly dought that he's a terrorists. Even back when I was in the service I trained with Saudi's and Jordanians and we got on well enough.
May the Lords peace be with you.

Bollocks, the primary issue with religion is that it is such an open ended fairytale that it is open to interpretation both good and bad.
I am not making apologies for the Muslims at all I am an Atheist I find all religion ludicrous what I am saying is that they are all the same Christian, Muslim and Jew there is always a small fraction hell bent on slaughtering its way to the top of the heap and a giant mass of people who want to be left alone to get on with their day to day lives.

The key to this mess is finding a way to separate and destroy that violent fraction without alienating the giant mass of people just trying to put food on the table each day and that is why it is important that we do all we can to support those like Mootaz and his nation who are fighting their own battles.

Last edited:
My Point to you is any Christian behaving as a money hungry liar, or a wild eyed activist is not a Christian following the teaching of Jesus. He warns to be on guard against those who would misuse his name. Unfortunately the world has it's share of such hypocrites. I hope I've clarified the delta.

My Point to you is any Christian behaving as a money hungry liar, or a wild eyed activist is not a Christian following the teaching of Jesus. He warns to be on guard against those who would misuse his name. Unfortunately the world has it's share of such hypocrites. I hope I've clarified the delta.

Yes they all say that which is why they all believe themselves to be "Religions of peace".

The fact that you interpret your religion of choice to be saying that is great but not everyone does lets take the Westboro Baptists for example do they share your views?

It is all about interpretation and as I have said the majority of all religions have interpreted is as you have but not everyone has.

Yes they all say that which is why they all believe themselves to be "Religions of peace".

The fact that you interpret your religion of choice to be saying that is great but not everyone does lets take the Westboro Baptists for example do they share your views?

It is all about interpretation and as I have said the majority of all religions have interpreted is as you have but not everyone has.

Their is truth in this

Christianity is a religion of Peace but not of pacifists , Christians say join me or not that's up to you but if you try to force your ideology on me someone is going to get hurt . Islam says our way is the only way convert or die .

Last edited:
Christianity is a religion of Peace but not of pacifists , Christians say join me or not that's up to you but if you try to force your ideology on me someone is going to get hurt . Islam says our way is the only way convert or die .

Odd on my last day in Istanbul we were walking down by the Hagia Sofia and as we walked past a mosque someone outside asked if we were interested in joining them to which I responded "I'm good thanks" and kept walking, in Cairo last year I visited mosques that were aligned (I guess that is the word) with the Muslim brotherhood and its opposition yet somehow I am still alive how can that possibly be if it is as cut and dry as "convert or die"?

Could it possibly be that your views are being formed by the actions of a minority and that it is your obsessive nature that prevents you understanding that these people are no more representative of Islam than Timothy McVey is of Christianity.

:shoothea::bang:

Regardless of how you look at it, Islam is not only a 'religion.' It is a complete way of life. More importantly, there is rarely (if any) separation of 'church and state.'

Certainly you can argue that US or Jewish foreign policy is somewhat dictated by religion. BUT there remains a degree of separation between church and state. With Islam, there is none whatsoever in my observation.

Gorge W. said this would be a 100 year war. And yes ... it will be. The aforementioned fact is just one of the reasons.

(And BTW - I do not subscribe to the 'Zionist' conspiracy. Not my cup of tea).

Last edited:
Gorge W. said this would be a 100 year war. And yes ... it will be. The aforementioned fact is just one of the reasons.

(And BTW - I do not subscribe to the 'Zionist' conspiracy. Not my cup of tea).

It will be a 100 years war but I think that the bit GWB failed to mention or account for is that it is a war that never needed to be fought at all, terrorism is little more than organised crime we don't send the army after gangs or the mafia we send the police.

Instead we have wasted countless millions of dollars and thousands of lives bombing and invading countries and only made the situation worse.

The Spanish inquisition, the execution of Joan of Arc, torture and murder of innocent persons for so called heresy. i wouldn't called Christianity a religion of peace or any religion for that matter.

The Spanish inquisition, the execution of Joan of Arc, torture and murder of innocent persons for so called heresy. i wouldn't called Christianity a religion of peace or any religion for that matter.

Hi BritinAfrica,
Look at page 2 I try and explain this. These people were not Christians as defined by following the teaching of Christ.

What is the target , ISIS -ISIL is not a City a Fortress nor does it have entrenchments so that only leaves the people and how do you separate the sugar from the flour ? near impossible as they found out in WWII , Germany and Japan as we found out in Vietnam , kill them all is a hard strategy but sometimes its the only strategy .

What is the target , ISIS -ISIL is not a City a Fortress nor does it have entrenchments so that only leaves the people and how do you separate the sugar from the flour ? near impossible as they found out in WWII , Germany and Japan as we found out in Vietnam , kill them all is a hard strategy but sometimes its the only strategy .

I don't think you'll see us fight another war like WW2 against Germany and Japan. We fought a no holds barred war.

If a dozen Germans were holed up in a building with 50 civilians inside we shelled the building regardless. If the Germans were in a town we bombed the town to the ground even if it was full of French, Belgium's or Italians. If a Japanese families fishing boat was spotted we blew it out of the sea.

This type of total war (do whatever it takes to win) with todays politics and negative media coverage of allied-coalition forces is likely impossible.

We with all our veneer of civilization and political correctness of can't we all just get along , with all of this we are just one step from being nomads and living in a cave . the battle for ISIS should begin in Saudi Arabia these people finance everybody , Bin Ladin was a Saudi Prince if he wanted a million dollars presto he got a million dollars , we the people are starved for leadership real leadership when are we going to get that leadership , when ? when we the people get off our collective arse and demand it .

Back