How does this work?

Proyer

I'm married from Pennsylvania, I have no kids and an associates degree in business. I'm looking to go into the marines infantry to help and put my time into the war. My questions are as follows please help!

1. How much basic housing allowance will I get as a married man? Where will I most likely be stationed.

2. How much will I be paid? Are there any food and civilian clothing allowances?

3. Where will I most likely go to boot camp? And is there a waiting line to get into the marines infantry as of 07/04/2010?

Thank you for all you time and effort in helping me. God bless.

I'll have to leave it up to our resident Marines to answer most of your questions, but I can tell you that depending on if you're looking to go Enlisted or Officer, you'll be at either Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, SC or at Officer Candidate School in Quantico, VA, respectively

And the Marines is going to be very very hard on married life. If your marriage survives, you'd be greedy to ask for even a bowl of soup.

I'm married from Pennsylvania, I have no kids and an associates degree in business. I'm looking to go into the marines infantry to help and put my time into the war. My questions are as follows please help!

1. How much basic housing allowance will I get as a married man? Where will I most likely be stationed.

2. How much will I be paid? Are there any food and civilian clothing allowances?

3. Where will I most likely go to boot camp? And is there a waiting line to get into the marines infantry as of 07/04/2010?

For your pay questions look here: Military Pay Tables

For your BAH questions, that will depend on where you're stationed (ie, the zip code) and your rank. For the Marines, E-2 with a dependent and you could plug in various Marine base locations to see what the average is. BAH Calculator

Where you will be stationed will depend on the needs of the Marine Corps.

As for where you'll go to boot camp, Marines have two locations. One in San Diego, CA and one at Parris Island, SC. I believe which one you attend depends on where you process through (MEPS) which would be based on geographical location. 03USMC and the other Marines here can provide you a more accurate answer on this.

Why the infantry, if I may ask? Don't get me wrong, I was infantry at one time and loved it, but I was also young. I'm certainly not knocking it, but at your age and given your status, why not look towards a MOS that will give you something to build on once you serve your contract? There are many contributions to be made to the war outside of the infantry, unless you just really want to live in the dirt and infantry is something you just have to do for yourself, I'd really think about looking at other MOSes.

Enlisting from Pa you will go to MCRD Parris Island South Carolina,

From there you will go to SOI at mostly likely Camp Gieger, CLNC for MOS training.

A recruiter will know the current openings for infantry, infantry runs pretty tight and often is closed for contracts.

Back