how the democrats should regroup

Duty Honor Country

It has been a bad day for the democrats. They have lost the bid for the presidency, lost seats in the house, senate and had their senate leader ousted. In my eyes, the dems are quite bloodied at the moment.

How can they get out of this mess?

I feel that the first thing that needs to happen is the dems need to sever their relationships with the extreme left. Hollywood, Michael Moore and the moveon.orgs spent a lot of time and money supporting the dems. But their support was based on an exteme hatred of the republicans and George Bush. It is hard to win an election by using extreme hatred. Plus more than a few people have been offended by the tactics used by the extremists. If I were a dem, I would be ashamed to have those types of people supporting my cause. They need to go.

Keep this discussion CIVIL. I will not tolerate ANY flaming.

Doody said:
It has been a bad day for the democrats. They have lost the bid for the presidency, lost seats in the house, senate and had their senate leader ousted. In my eyes, the dems are quite bloodied at the moment.

How can they get out of this mess?

I feel that the first thing that needs to happen is the dems need to sever their relationships with the extreme left. Hollywood, Michael Moore and the moveon.orgs spent a lot of time and money supporting the dems. But their support was based on an exteme hatred of the republicans and George Bush. It is hard to win an election by using extreme hatred. Plus more than a few people have been offended by the tactics used by the extremists. If I were a dem, I would be ashamed to have those types of people supporting my cause. They need to go.

Keep this discussion CIVIL. I will not tolerate ANY flaming.

I agree completely that hatred most definately SHOULD NOT be a reason for voting, alot of students/young voters whom I've talked to said that they'd be voting for Kerry, that's saying they vote at all, because:

Bush is gay
Bush is stupid
Bush is retarded
----------------------

Now then, the democrats have to regain the "deserter" states like Florida and Virginia, but is it too late?

Local issues are supposed to trump national trends in state legislative politics, but for the first time in a generation the mood of the nation filtered down to this lowest level of federal and state political power. The American people have identified Republicans as their party, the party of America’s future, and the party of hope.

The worst for the Democrats is yet to come. About half of those states in which Democrats still control state legislature are in very conservative states like Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi and much of the remaining Democrat state legislative strength is in other conservative states like North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.

:roll:

The democrats are dying... :roll:

Well, the problem was that they either had no clear message, the message was already available via the Republican Party, or the message is not one that really appeals to the American people. They need a message that the American People are willing to buy into.

my dad is a perfect example of the democratic message gone astray. He's about as far left as you get. When I got back from Iraq, the first words he said to me were "how about them :cen: weapons of :cen: mass destruction. Bush is a :cen: liar..." you get the point. What a way to greet his son after not seeing me for 13 months. I cannot have a civil conversation with him because he'll start swearing like a sailor. The fact he was a fisherman doesn't help the swearing thing.

My brother and I are conservative. Sometimes we like to get our dad going on politics. It's quite amusing, but also sad at the same time.

Back