How Dare You!!!!

--
Boots

November 1st, 2004  
SFC

Topic: How Dare You!!!!

Has anyone else seen the latest Democrat TV exploit. They are comparing the Democrats with a Bald Eagle to the Republicans as an Ostrich. The way I interpret this is all Democrats are represented by the National Bird of the USA and the Republicans are not, what is next? Democrats are the only ones who can represent the Red, White and Blue of the US Flag.

SFC
November 1st, 2004  
Airborne Eagle

That ad was poorly designed. I am not bent out of shape over the comparison stuff. However, the general mental imagery in America is the Republicans as a "war party" (or hawkish) and the Dems as the "Peace Party" (or dovish). So, while the language suggests one thing, the imagery built up the last twenty years runs counter.
November 1st, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Eagle
That ad was poorly designed. I am not bent out of shape over the comparison stuff. However, the general mental imagery in America is the Republicans as a "war party" (or hawkish) and the Dems as the "Peace Party" (or dovish). So, while the language suggests one thing, the imagery built up the last twenty years runs counter.
Agreed.

I always thought that republicans were red while democrats were blue?
--
Boots
November 1st, 2004  
Courtenay

I live in California.....we don't get political ads here. I guess they KNOW this state is in the hat for the dems....so why waste money!
November 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Just like Utah and most sparsely populated states for the Republican Party. There is absolutely no chance at all that the Democrats with those states in a Presidential Race. You'll see some small attempts, but not much. The battleground states get a better show that Cali or Utah.
November 2nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtenay
I live in California.....we don't get political ads here. I guess they KNOW this state is in the hat for the dems....so why waste money!
So true, teh states about 70% democratic anyways.
November 2nd, 2004  
USAOwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtenay
Sad but true. I have seen a lot of Bush-Cheney stickers and supporters though, so it might just be closer than last time.
November 2nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

maybe, Orange County is mostly republican, but the north is really democratic
November 2nd, 2004  
Darcia

Topic: Re: How Dare You!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC
Has anyone else seen the latest Democrat TV exploit. They are comparing the Democrats with a Bald Eagle to the Republicans as an Ostrich. The way I interpret this is all Democrats are represented by the National Bird of the USA and the Republicans are not, what is next? Democrats are the only ones who can represent the Red, White and Blue of the US Flag.

SFC

*Hides 2008 Plans* I don't have a clue what they may do next