How close did the Germans come to nuking the US? - Page 5

--

January 22nd, 2005  
doomshot

?I'm sorry he ordered 4 scientist to do it using these plans
1- WERNER VON BRAUNS - Modified V2 to make the A4B

2 - HORTEN BROS - A FLYING WING Aircraft

3 - STANGER- AMERICA ROCKET BOMBER (High ALtitude suicide bomber)
January 22nd, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomshot
?I'm sorry he ordered 4 scientist to do it using these plans
Ho hum, here we go again
Quote:
1- WERNER VON BRAUNS - Modified V2 to make the A4B
Oh yes the man who invented the least cost effective weapon of WW2, the V2. It cost Germany Billions of Marks and vast quantities of valuable resources and manpower, just to kill a few thousand Allied civilians and blow deep holes in the English countryside.
As for inventing a rocket that could cross the Atlantic, he didn't manage that until the late 50's even with the vast economic power of the US behind him
Quote:
2 - HORTEN BROS - A FLYING WING Aircraft
The only one of his flying wing type designs to see service in WW2 was the Me 162, a aircraft that killed far more of its own pilots than Allied pilots.
Quote:
3 - STANGER- AMERICA ROCKET BOMBER (High ALtitude suicide bomber)
Fortunately for the pilot who was supposed to fly this, it never got past the doddle on a notepad stage
January 23rd, 2005  
Damien435

Germany had the plans to build a bomber that could fly across the entire world and drop a 10,000 lbs. bomb on NYC and glide across the atlantic landing in Peenemunde again. Construction of this plane was about to begin when Hitler ordered the project to a stop. And the plans did exist, the B-2 Stealth Bomber was based on the plans Germany made in 1944.
--
January 23rd, 2005  
Darcia

When the B-2 was being designed a group of designers actualy went to some aircraft storage place and examined the german version to get a concept.
January 23rd, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Germany had the plans to build a bomber that could fly across the entire world and drop a 10,000 lbs. bomb on NYC and glide across the atlantic landing in Peenemunde again. Construction of this plane was about to begin when Hitler ordered the project to a stop. And the plans did exist, the B-2 Stealth Bomber was based on the plans Germany made in 1944.
What was the name of this fantasy then
January 23rd, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
When the B-2 was being designed a group of designers actualy went to some aircraft storage place and examined the german version to get a concept.
Can you please explain how they can examine something that was never built
January 24th, 2005  
Damien435

That was the first source that popped up, if you read it it clearly shows that, as I said, the plans existed but not the plane, the War ended before it was built, I am trying to find more sources but alas I do not speak German.

http://www.luft46.com/horten/ho18b.html
January 25th, 2005  
Darcia

If you find something that needs to be translated let me know. I could probably pull off having it translated.
January 25th, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
If you find something that needs to be translated let me know. I could probably pull off having it translated.
lol, I won't know if I need it translated till after it is translated, only then will I be able to read it and gauge it's importance, whether it was worth translating or not. I think an the reference I gave in english above is enough to prove the plans existed.
January 25th, 2005  
CO5060.20

I live in Los Alamos, where the first Atomic Bomb was built. The bomb was made a reality dualy in part by Oppenheimer. The name says it all ladies and gents. American Patriotism, gotta love it!