How close did the Germans come to nuking the US? - Page 4

--

January 15th, 2005  
rotc boy

Topic: Re: but could of been ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
Germany came up with the jet engine,
correct me if im wrong, but their jet engines lasted about 10(?) minutes before it was useless and the pilot would have to eject, however, they would launch it when an enemy air craft was clse to the base and it would reek havoc on the Americans/British/whoever was attacking
January 16th, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
The B-2 "Stealth" Bomber is based on German planes for a plane that was to take off from Peenemunde(sp?), travel EAST, get up into the upper atmostphere, travel across Russia, Japan, the Pacific and finally the US, drop a bomb on New York (UP to 10,000lbs.) and then it would run out of fuel and gradually descend until it would land again in Peenemunde. They had the plans, just not the bomb and Hitler pulled the plug on it.
Total and utter nonsense, with no basis in fact.
They'll be saying next that the F-15 is based on the Bf 109
January 17th, 2005  
Darcia

I wouldn't say 'based' however alot of the weapons we have now are similier in ways to the ones The germans hhad designed but couldn't build.
--
January 17th, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
I wouldn't say 'based' however alot of the weapons we have now are similier in ways to the ones The germans hhad designed but couldn't build.
You mean like the way the Wright Flyer and the F-15 are similar due to the fact they both have wings and an engine
January 18th, 2005  
Darcia

( don't you hate it when websites go down for a time) I was going to post a website that compared them but it is down for some reason.

However not like that. More of a concept of what the Germans wanted back then and what we have now.
January 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

The japanese and the Germans designed war hardware dacedes ahead of their time
January 18th, 2005  
doomshot

Quote:
And where was that idea that NYC was to be bombed??
well never heard that one before
Hitler ordered two scientists to create a vehicle capable of bombing NYC and Washington.
January 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

He also ordered a nuke to lots of scientists.
January 18th, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomshot
Quote:
And where was that idea that NYC was to be bombed??
well never heard that one before
Hitler ordered two scientists to create a vehicle capable of bombing NYC and Washington.
A whole Two scientists

Stop it please, I keep falling off my chair in laughter at this nonsense
January 21st, 2005  
Strongbow

They weren't even close!!!