How do you classify ISIS?

--
Boots

February 24th, 2015  
JRotc_cadet

Topic: How do you classify ISIS?

How do you classify ISIS, radical Islam, random terrorists, or a JV team.
February 24th, 2015  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotc_cadet
How do you classify ISIS, radical Islam, random terrorists, or a JV team.
How about complete lunatics hiding behind religion?
February 25th, 2015  
A Can of Man

These guys really are religious extremists to the T. Previously many groups were falsely or erroneously labelled religious extremists but ISIS is different. Definitely not a JV team.
--
Boots
February 25th, 2015  
tetvet

Not so much a classification but WHO is going to do anything about them to Eradicate ISIS there's going to be a whole lot of collateral damage and WHO wants to take that on .
February 25th, 2015  
A Can of Man

The people in the region need to sort that out.
The instant America joins that fight directly, we're playing right into ISIS's hands. Why do you think ISIS wants America to fight them so much? Because ISIS is slowly starting to lose legitimacy and they know it.
February 25th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
How about complete lunatics hiding behind religion?
The same could almost be said about the IRA. Go to church on Sunday, confess their sins then blow some poor bugger up on Monday.
February 26th, 2015  
JRotc_cadet

No matter what the thing that bugs me is the Obama administration is not classifying them as anything other than some drinking buddies who kill " random" people. And even then the airstrikes are working but can they be enough.
February 26th, 2015  
lljadw

Dangerous enemies
February 26th, 2015  
tetvet

The Air Strikes are over hyped I think a 40 $ million dollar jet With a $100,000 dollar bomb blowing up a Humvee that used to belong to the U.S. Army is not going to beat ISIS , I think the U.S. should stay out of it let nature take its course in the middle east as it has done so for a thousand years .
February 26th, 2015  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
The Air Strikes are over hyped I think a 40 $ million dollar jet With a $100,000 dollar bomb blowing up a Humvee that used to belong to the U.S. Army is not going to beat ISIS , I think the U.S. should stay out of it let nature take its course in the middle east as it has done so for a thousand years .

I feel somewhat the same, the Middle East has created and absolved it's own problems for centuries long before western interventionism.

I feel that leaving the regional powers that be with the bag of responsibility will not only reduce our cost of involvement in the long run, but actually benefit the governments there in giving them more capability to handling their own domestic issues.

Being as ISIS is no longer a extremists group and now more along a society of it's own, it will take social and moral questioning of both citizens of ISIS controlled lands and their neighbors of where they want to take this brand of medieval barbarity. Or to absolve it.