How do you classify ISIS? - Page 2

--
Boots

February 26th, 2015  
tetvet

We can't fight ISIS because we don't have the ability to fight a holy war .
February 27th, 2015  
Queensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotc_cadet
How do you classify ISIS, radical Islam, random terrorists, or a JV team.

Murdering scum who twist religion for their own means and agenda
February 27th, 2015  
A Can of Man

The airstrikes and support are fine. Not doing anything is absolutely the worst thing we could do. Everyone in the region knows that airstrikes will not destroy ISIS. That's the point. They will realize that only THEY can destroy ISIS. And they have to, or else ISIS will destroy them. And they will know that this will need to happen sooner rather than later, when the airstrikes may no longer be available.
--
Boots
February 27th, 2015  
Kesse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
We can't fight ISIS because we don't have the ability to fight a holy war .
All we need is a horse, broadsword and the church's blessing.
February 27th, 2015  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
The Air Strikes are over hyped I think a 40 $ million dollar jet With a $100,000 dollar bomb blowing up a Humvee that used to belong to the U.S. Army is not going to beat ISIS , I think the U.S. should stay out of it let nature take its course in the middle east as it has done so for a thousand years .
This is exactly true. It cost a fortune to conduct these carrier born air raids. The jets should be taking off from nearby Turkey which has large, excellent air bases right next door to the action the jets would only have to be airborne for a few minutes and could attack precisely when needed. I do think the air raids are doing some good for instance they have helped in the Kurdish victory at Kobani.
As for defining ISIS terrorist thugs.
February 28th, 2015  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
This is exactly true. It cost a fortune to conduct these carrier born air raids. The jets should be taking off from nearby Turkey which has large, excellent air bases right next door to the action the jets would only have to be airborne for a few minutes and could attack precisely when needed. I do think the air raids are doing some good for instance they have helped in the Kurdish victory at Kobani.
As for defining ISIS terrorist thugs.

Problem is Turkey has been straddling the fence also letting ISIS fighters flee across the border between Turkey and Syria.

Also thousands of foreign fighters from all around the globe cross over Turkey's border to join the Jihadists fighting in Iraq and Syria.

Turkey's sympathies apparently don't coincide with their NATO obligations on this one.
February 28th, 2015  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Problem is Turkey has been straddling the fence also letting ISIS fighters flee across the border between Turkey and Syria.

Also thousands of foreign fighters from all around the globe cross over Turkey's border to join the Jihadists fighting in Iraq and Syria.

Turkey's sympathies apparently don't coincide with their NATO obligations on this one.
I do believe your right on this. They could wipe ISIS out in a heartbeat at least their conventional forces f they wanted to. The trouble is Turkey is Sunni as is ISIS. Where as ISIS is fighting mostly Shiites. However it's not quite so clear cut because nobody really trust ISIS due to their extreme radicalism and terrorist ways. A Mideast mess.
March 1st, 2015  
hamidreza

After one or two years. you won't see ISIS in the map. We will destroy them in Syria and Iraq!
March 1st, 2015  
Kesse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidreza
After one or two years. you won't see ISIS in the map. We will destroy them in Syria and Iraq!
And once you've done that, what despot will you then insert?
March 1st, 2015  
mmarsh

People think that ISIS is a radical Muslims Group trying to create a Muslim Caliphate.
but if this is true, why has it gone to such extremes to piss off EVERYONE? Surely they could have done this without all the barbarity?

I think ISIS real motive is far more sinister: Its not a Jihadist group but a Doomsday cult trying to bring Armageddon. A final battle between themselves (the believers) and everyone else including other Muslims.

In other words, a modern day Muslim version of Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple.

The Daily Beast wrote an excellent piece on this a few weeks ago looking at ISIS real motive.

Essentially ISIS thinks that the final battle between believers and non-believers will happen in a place called Dabiq, Syria. At the end the believers will have won, the world will be destroyed, and true Islam will reign across the world.

They are trying to get the non-believers to invade Syria so that this final battle will happen and they are using acts of brutality to provoke the west and others into doing just this. The worse the atrocity, the angrier the west gets, and sooner or later they will try and stop us is the thinking.

Personally I think they are right up until that point, however its what happens afterward is where ISIS is making a grave miscalculation, this final battle will not end in the way they expect it to.