how can I ? ( internet connection question)

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
If I have a router, its cable pluged to my PC, but there is another pc near me that is also recieving the signals, and therefore internet is available. How can I disable the internet from the other pc? or making my signals not reach the other pc? and only letting it available for the PC the cable is pluged in?

Disable the device you're using on the other PC not intended to have access to the net. Or as Donkey said, unplug the cable...

I feel that we are missing something here???
Do wish for both computers to remain networked together, but only have internet access to one? If this is the case I don't see how it can be done.

e.g. if you wish one computer to be offline for security reasons, you can't have them networked together for data transfer.

If this sounds confusing it is because I'm confused as to why you would want this. For secure storage, a computer mus be totally isolated and the data must be transferred by conventional means, memory stick, CD etc.

Last edited:
Some information I need to know before I can help you:

1. What kind of Router do you have? Wireless/Cable?
2. Does your other PC have an internal Wireless Card?

If these all apply, then disable the connection on your Wireless Card by right clicking on your Wireless Network Connection icon on your lower right tab next to your time display and click on disable. This action will disable your Wireless Card.

If you wish to reconnect, simply click on settings then to network settings then to your default network connection settings.

If this is regarding to file sharing and data transfer, you can change the settings by going to the Properties of your Default Wireless Network Connection. Click on the Advanced tab and you will be able to change your Firewall settings. Be sure that your Firewall is on.

Last edited:
If these all apply, then disable the connection on your Wireless Card by right clicking on your Wireless Network Connection icon on your lower right tab next to your time display and click on disable. This action will disable your Wireless Card.

yea I did that. But it disconnect both the pc's. Its okay anyway :smil:

Thanks for your help

Hmmmm

You might be able to disallow WAN connection to the other computer via the router interface...

What kind of router do you have?

You could simply configure the PC you want to have Internet access with the default gateway of the routers IP address, the others leave out.

Last edited:
Hmmmm

You might be able to disallow WAN connection to the other computer via the router interface...

What kind of router do you have?

You could simply configure the PC you want to have Internet access with the default gateway of the routers IP address, the others leave out.

yea tell me how to do that? And how do I find what type of router I have?
thanks

yea tell me how to do that? And how do I find what type of router I have?
thanks

To find out what type of router you have just look at it and read the manufactures name and model number...should be self explanatory :)

As for how to set up that really depends on your systems (things like OS) and network configurations....

Back