How bout some bayonets!! - Page 2

--

August 19th, 2005  
Mike

Missileer: The saw-toothed bayonet was introduced in WW1 by Germany. It was intended to be used as a legitimate saw by engineer and construction troops in the field. However, the Allies had a propaganda field day, claiming that the saw-toothed bayonet was just another example of German "ruthlessness" and "savagery". I'm not sure about orders to shoot-on-site any prisoner caught with one of these, but wouldn't be surprised to find out it happened.

~Regards
August 19th, 2005  
Mike

Schwul: Where did you obtain the Japanese bayonet? I am looking for a bayonet to go with my Arisaka Type 99.
August 19th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Missileer: The saw-toothed bayonet was introduced in WW1 by Germany. It was intended to be used as a legitimate saw by engineer and construction troops in the field. However, the Allies had a propaganda field day, claiming that the saw-toothed bayonet was just another example of German "ruthlessness" and "savagery". I'm not sure about orders to shoot-on-site any prisoner caught with one of these, but wouldn't be surprised to find out it happened.

~Regards
Thanks, I didn't see much difference in being stabbed with a saw or a knife myself.
--
August 19th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Schwul: Where did you obtain the Japanese bayonet? I am looking for a bayonet to go with my Arisaka Type 99.
I know this was not asked of me but I picked up some of my bayonets from gun shows in Dallas and other cities close. I found a French Epee' in a pawn shop for $9.00, and before they became collector's items, I would buy bayonets from the Army Surplus stores. I usually paid about 2 to 5 dollars each. I bought a Japanese serpentine bayonet for about $5.00. Then the "market" hit the ceiling I sold two suitcases of bayonets and one German officer's dress dagger with original blade finish for a little over $2,000.00 and wish every day that I had not done so.