Hold the front page

Del Boy

Hold the front page - Big question here, particularly for fans like MM. Here we go:-

Who are the current Olympic Rugby Champions?

Gotcha!

Wouldn't be so if they had the same ROE's for the athletes as they do for basketball in the Olympics. Allow Os Du Randt and Montgomery to play for the Saffa's Olympic team and the USA would be in the corner licken her wounds. Love my country but we suck at rugby.

But whatever team game you undertake, you will rise to the surface. It's about character and motivation. Wait and see with the soccer as well as the rugby. Stay away from our cricket!

Wouldn't be so if they had the same ROE's for the athletes as they do for basketball in the Olympics. Allow Os Du Randt and Montgomery to play for the Saffa's Olympic team and the USA would be in the corner licken her wounds. Love my country but we suck at rugby.

Wouldn't be so if it had been an Olympic sport since 1924 either.

The reason the USA "sucks" (I use the term loosely as I really don't think it applies) at rugby is not because of a lack of commitment or ability but more because of a lack of tactical understanding of the game.

Having looked at both the Canadian and US teams there are some very good players in terms of individual skill but few that have the whole package which is what it required in todays game, given the right coaching and selection process I believe both countries could become top tier teams within two years.

I agree that both countries could, or will, excel at both team games. The American soccer players here are doing well.

Back