hms invincible sunk in 1982?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bory said:
Just a quick question, which was the carrier Australia had put a deposit on, but was cancelled due to the Falklands. It was either the Ark Royal or the Invicible, I cannot remember for sure, but we did order one Surplus off the RN, but it was cancelled.
you can buy or made an carrier seriously damaged or sunk by a Third World Country? I would not do it if I do not want that all are :lol: :lol: :lol: of me.
Indian Navy will also not buy carriers to UK. they are not idiot ;)

This thread is a great example of why you cannot believe everything you read or hear, especially on the internet.

NYHunter, there's just simply no way a scandal of this magnitude could ever successfully be covered up in a country with the media and information channels enjoyed by the UK.

Inconceivable.

If this had happened somebody, a wife, a relative, a father, a mother, a technician involved in the cover-up, would have mentioned something or themselves heard something mentioned about this.

I myself until I saw this thread have never heard of this 'theory' and no-one I know has ever mentioned it to me.

What country are you from NYHunter? It would be useful and interesting to know.

HMS-Dasher, the first carrier-gate of UK (1943)
HMS-Invincible, the second carrier-gate of UK (1982) (Protected by an unusual file´s secret until 2072)

Doppleganger said:
This thread is a great example of why you cannot believe everything you read or hear, especially on the internet.

NYHunter, there's just simply no way a scandal of this magnitude could ever successfully be covered up in a country with the media and information channels enjoyed by the UK.

"The worst reported war since the Crimean"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/falklands/story/0,11707,657871,00.html
I don´t say it , its says for a media of his own country. ;)

Doppleganger said:
What country are you from NYHunter? It would be useful and interesting to know.
too much far is not listed as option?? :(

redcoat, KC72, Doppleganger you are honorables British people, could help me?
they have photos of the arrival of Invincible R05 HMS in September of 1982?
This is a work of investigation in search of the truth.
Its collaboration or the one of any member will be very well received. ;)

Illustrious replace Invincible and she was like a "joker" being Invincible and Illustrious. In 1983 Invincible was sent one year to be repaired so they could covered it perfectly.
Then in 1985 Ark Royal was built and another one in secret, which you know today as Invincible.

Here i explain better:

Everybody think that HMS Invincible is "R05", but no. The R05 was sunk...

HMS Invincible (R 07)
1999: Refit Portsmouth October

HMS Illustrious (R 06)
2000: Deployed to Gulf January 17, Atlantic January 19

HMS Ark Royal (R08)
1999: Rosyth naval base major Refit October

http://www.geocities.com/~davemc/canset.htm

Where is R05??? :roll:

Illustrious left Portsmouth on june and it was not finished:

"The war was won before Illustrious could be finished, but she did perform a useful service in the aftermath. "

" Illustrious was needed so quickly that the ship was actually commissioned underway. After the RAF airfield was repaired, Illustrious returned to the UK for a more proper shakedown cruise and workup period, with a formal commissioning on 20 March 1983."
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/HMS-Illustrious-(R06)

why???? :roll: :shock:

I have more...

HMS INVINCIBLE R05 IN 1982:
invinci5yr7og.jpg

SEPTEMBER 17 1982 HMS ILLUSTRIOUS R06: All the people thought was Invincible but it isn´t!!! it has the phalanx !!!!
You can see this photo in "Service Pals" a web page of veterans, it´s the true.

wodewoti7qn.jpg

So if UK say Invincible didn´t sink...

How do you explain the photo???

In the Falklands War it had no phalanx
In September in Portsmouth it has the phalanx!!!

this thing with the Phalanx. Could it be possible that during the conflict they had it installed, seeing the threat the exocert missiles made.
And since it was during a period of conflict, they didn't tell anyone due to OPSEC.

That's probably the most valid reason I can think of.

In all photos during the conflict, the HMS-Invincible was without Phalanx.

The clone who arrived the 17/9/82 had a complet Phalanx in prow.

OK I will probably regret getting involved in this but I have a couple of questions (and for the record I am more of an Ocams Razor supporter than a conspiracy theorist):

1) Assuming the ship was sunk what happened to the crew and the injured from the attack?

To my way of thinking it is hard to cover up casualties of war, large numbers of injured/dead from one ship would stand out like a sore thumb in hospitals, newspapers etc. and surprisingly enough survivors tend to talk.

2) Where did Britain get this "clone" from I am sure they dont have a stockpile of unlabelled carriers hidden behind the defence ministry in case of sinkings.

If they had chosen to build a replacement and sneak it out there I am relatively sure someone had to build it, someone had to pay for it and people had to crew it all of these things show up on the balance sheet somewhere.

My personal opinion is that as with most conspiracies this is a story blown up from some minor inconsistency and pounced apon by a group of people looking for a victory in an otherwise embarassing war.

MontyB said:
OK I will probably regret getting involved in this but I have a couple of questions (and for the record I am more of an Ocams Razor supporter than a conspiracy theorist):

1) Assuming the ship was sunk what happened to the crew and the injured from the attack?

To my way of thinking it is hard to cover up casualties of war, large numbers of injured/dead from one ship would stand out like a sore thumb in hospitals, newspapers etc. and surprisingly enough survivors tend to talk.

If you want to know something else about the sinking of the Invincible, you can ask to Lynda, she (he or it :lol: ) served in the HMS Invincible during the Falklands War. She changed his sex after the war, because was shocked during those days of may in the Invincible.

He/she/it was the nurse of the Invincible.

She talked about 3 men who died there, and she knows lot of things about may 30 of 1982, but she has been censured in her web page, called www.hmsinvincible82.com, someone censured her.

If you don´remembered who is , here a pic...

lyndainbanjolgambia20028gs.jpg

MontyB said:
2) Where did Britain get this "clone" from I am sure they dont have a stockpile of unlabelled carriers hidden behind the defence ministry in case of sinkings.

If they had chosen to build a replacement and sneak it out there I am relatively sure someone had to build it, someone had to pay for it and people had to crew it all of these things show up on the balance sheet somewhere.

My personal opinion is that as with most conspiracies this is a story blown up from some minor inconsistency and pounced apon by a group of people looking for a victory in an otherwise embarassing war.

in the days of the cold war they were possible to hide many but things that those that you could imagine.

OK, it´s possible.
The attack exist, the Invincible was damaged.

Brits could not repair it?

If they could, how ? they had 3 months only and i think it´s impossible with an exocet impact and 2 or 3 bombs.

WingX and NYHunter:

Please stop the double (and tripple) posting at once!
Use the edit button if you forgot to add something to your replies.

Thanks.

If UK say Invincible didn´t sink...
How do you explain this?...

Arrivals to Porstmouth, this are the last ships in ariving there after the war:

CV Invincible; DD Bristol; FR Avenger, Andromeda, Penelope; MCMS Brecon, Ledbury and support ship St Helena; Ambulance ship Hydra
http://www.naval-history.net/F61home.htm

Can you see in this photo the ships i ´d put at the top?

wardtagarna5rx.jpg

No, because this photo is not of the arriving, in this book they lie. The photo show us when the Task Force went to the Falklands not when they were coming from the war.

the author of the book, Ward (member of the tripulation of the Invincible) is a big liar.
Why did he lie? :roll: :roll:

somebody can help me? Or the English lie and the R05 sank or in this forum nobody knows about the subject.

No, because this photo is not of the arriving, in this book they lie. The photo show us when the Task Force went to the Falklands not when they were coming from the war.

how do you know when that was taken, and what relevence is it?

HMS Invincible Never Sunk!

Ok! this topic has been doing the rounds on the Internet for some time now, it's untrue, HMS Invincible never ever sunk in the Falklands War! she returned home to Portsmouth and yes it was the original Vinci!
I really think that people should know the truth, and HMS Invincible is absolutely fine, always has been and still is. There was no ship sent to replace her, there is only one HMS Invincible that served in the Falklands War and that Ship like I said returned home. I have to also say, that this topic has now been posted on lots of other sites with same pictures and same quotations, please accept the fact that these allegations are so untrue and that are Ship is fine and dandy thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back