The History Channel Presents - Barbarians

--
Boots

January 20th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Topic: The History Channel Presents - Barbarians

Is anyone watching the history channel special all this week on the Barbarians? Last night they profiled the Vikings, and tonight at 8 with be the Goths, followed by the Mongols at 9. This aint your dads documentry, I mean this is high quality history, complete with tons of graphic violence

Anyway, for those interested in this time period, or the fall of the Roman Empire, Id suggest tunning in tonight
January 21st, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I saw that! I've been waiting for it for months ever since I heard the first ad back in Dec. It was so awesome. Tonight is the Huns and Mongols I think, last night was Vikings and Goths. Set your VCRs everyone!
January 21st, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Except for the "graphic violence" completely sucked!
--
Boots
January 22nd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Yea the lack of blood really detracted from the experience. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Gladiator. The barbarians are being portrayed as violent blood-loving ass-kicking killers, but they don't like it without blood.
January 22nd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

I guess the history channel likes to keep it PG :P
January 22nd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I've seen some stuff on the history channel thats pretty dicey. Stuff worse than a little blood. Hey how can they keep it PG when 80% of their shows are about wars and such?