Highlander Motto

Pte. Highlander

I am part of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada. We are an Infantry regiment in Canada. Our Motto is "Albainn Gu Brath" Gaelic for "Scotland Forever". The Motto for the Infantry in Canada is "Ducimus" latin for "We Lead". Kickass forum I have been looking for a good place to find the best military quotes and mottos. Keep up the good work :wink:

Hi and thanks for the mottos.

I have the Highlanders motto on the site, but I shall add the infantry motto now.

Glad to hear that you like the site.

Spread the word about it.... :D

Highlander

Dia dhuit hílanteóir. Gaelic is not a language, it is an english word used to describe 3 languages (Irish, Scottish and manx (isle of man)) and it is also used to describe certain Irish games. Also it might interest you to know that nAlba (or Albainn in Scottish) was actually originally the name for Ireland. It got moved over somehow along with Gaeilge (Irish language) and thats where Scottish Gaelic came from.

Sgt Dan Daly, USMC -> "Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever!"

Re: Highlander

Pte Ó Riain said:
Dia dhuit hílanteóir. Gaelic is not a language, it is an english word used to describe 3 languages (Irish, Scottish and manx (isle of man)) and it is also used to describe certain Irish games. Also it might interest you to know that nAlba (or Albainn in Scottish) was actually originally the name for Ireland. It got moved over somehow along with Gaeilge (Irish language) and thats where Scottish Gaelic came from.

Very interesting.
Did know that nAlba was the original name for Ireland, but the rest was new to me.

Thanks a lot for clearing things out.

Re: Highlander

oh here we go...... :roll:

As Gaeilge (or irish) is broken into diffrent dialects, ná hEria is the irish version of nAlba...

please if you have any questions about ireland ask me before checking google!

hm... :lol:

I'll send you a PM the next time I find an Irish/Gaelic/nAlba motto/quote.. :D

Back