Hidden camera shows

Redneck

I just had the ill-fortune to run across MTV's show "Boiling Point" where a group of people run around pretty much passive-aggressively bullying people for given amounts of time. The victims get some money if they let themselves be pushed around without cussing or even walking away.
Now I'm not trying to come across as some brawler or tough guy or anything, but what the heck is wrong with these people? Some of the things they do, if they were done to me, would earn them a trip to the ER (the one I saw had some private security guard who planted shoplifted goods on several people and then asked for bribes). It's like they're trying to train a generation of pansies. Sometimes selfrestraint goes too far, especially with expecting these victims to not even just walk away from the situation. It's not maturity and responsibility, if you ask me, it's just plain old cowardice, letting people push them around.

Haha, just figured I'd see what you all thought of these things, I couldn't believe it when I saw it, still can't.

I don't think maturity and responsibility really come into play in a situation like that. And I also don't think maturity and cawardice are opposites. I think it is important to note that liekly for every person they got on the show there are probably 10 who refused to sign waivers to participate ina stunt like that. It is a perspective issue, and we are seeing the people who were willing to participate. It's like seeing the Jack@$$ clips with the guys running after bystanders to get them to sign releases, there are tons of footage which never even reach the air.

I did not say that maturity and cowardice were opposites.

I also realize that there have to be a load of people they don't put in the show, my whole point was that the show's producers and MTV are presenting the push-overs as having exhibited the proper action in those situations. It generates the idea that one should not stand up for oneself because doing so is not socially acceptable, and I believe this idea is bull-puckie and is harmful to our society.

Pretty much anything on MTV is harmful to our society. I for one have often been accused of being older than I really am. In fact, I told several people at the end of last month that I was turning 30 on 5 Jan, and 90% of them actually believed me. For the record, I'm 22.

It just disgusts me sometimes that those shows on MTV are and have become so "pop culture". I don't really have anything against that if it's someone's thing to go to Blink 182 concerts and drink every Friday and Saturday nights until you pass out. Now I've done my share of underage drinking, tobacco use, drag racing on the streets, carrying a concealed weapon, threatening someone that posed a threat to my family....the usual late teen and early 20's stuff. But now, I guess I've grown too old for my skin and just look at that as pre-maturity.

Even though that I'm also a Freemason, which teaches brotherhood of all man through service to one God, I still believe that a person has a right to defend themselves, their family, property and freedoms to the last man standing.

Given the fact that I still get irritated very easilly, I wouldn't last 5 minutes with some of the things that they do on that show.

I guess I'll end this novel with an old quote from a ninjitsu master from the 900's: "Insult rather than harm. Harm rather than strike. Strike rather than maim. Maim rather than kill."

I guess I just wasn't desensitized to that stuff early enough, this is the first year I've ever had a TV, and I really honestly can't believe some of the stuff that's on.

:lol: Haha, listen to me, I sound like someone's Grandpa.

Yarr!

i don't see a problem with them... Teens today understand the message... I haven't seen the show, but I would understand it...

Another thing, you can't totally get a teen to ignore punches and stuff... but u can show them that some people have the self control to not kill them...

maybe i'm ust lookin through another "generations" eyes (not callin anyone old, i'm just in a different generations thought, altho some here are around my age... we still see things through different eyes)

no i mean, you see things through different generations... like u can be born the same day i am and be a hippie... u see life through a different generation

Marksman said:
Scared tactics.the best show on MTV

Now I've seen that one, and it is actually kind of funny how some guys just turn tail and run away, leaving their girlfriends to the "monster." :lol:
But the best one (I've seen a total of two :lol: ) is where this guy and his sister are in a van with some guy who is in on the whole thing and they pick up a hitch-hiker, who eventually starts stabbing the driver (like all hitchhikers do) and the brother just beats the living piss out of him.

I can't condemn that show much, because I've done the same thing in real life, actually we just did it last night. We had a night land nav course set up and the Cadets doing it in groups of three. Before they left I gave a safety briefing about snakes and poison oak, and then told them about the mountain lions, and if one jumps on you, to cover the back of your head and neck with your hands because they go for the spinal cord.
So these teams are out boonie bouncing and our training NCO (a Ranger/Pathfinder/superninjahighlander) sneaks out after them and hides in a bunch of bushes making cat noises (BIG cat noises). When a group would get near him he would come ripping out of those bushes like a steam engine and fly through the air making the most blood-curdling caterwauling I ever heard (and I've actually heard and seen some pretty pissed off mountain lions). I s**t you not, in one of the groups, a cadet almost trampled his two buddies into the ground getting out of there, and one of the females let loose with a shriek that is still giving me chills. :lol:

Good times.

Redneck said:
Now I've seen that one, and it is actually kind of funny how some guys just turn tail and (..I deleted some of this rather elaborate story to save some of Redleg’s bandwidth.. no fear, the original is in the previous post so you're not really missing anything. ;) .....) the ground getting out of there, and one of the females let loose with a shriek that is still giving me chills. :lol:

Good times.
Next time, bring a video camera and post a link on the forum! I'd love to see that!

I don't know how much good that would have done, I literally fell to my knees I was laughing so hard, I probably would have just broke the camera. :lol: :lol:

Back