hey im new here.

--

May 4th, 2004  
nikoloslvy

Topic: hey im new here.

hi
im actully thinking about enlisting in the marine corps.i failed the math section of the asvab.im looking for some very patient volenterrs who can help me(prefribly in person)send me a pm(can you do that here?).
thanx and good luck to me.
May 4th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Welcome to the forum, Nik.

I would suggest you double-time it to your local bookstore and purchase an ASVAB study guide. They run between $15 -25 dollars depending on the make. As well as practise tests, the guide will also include step by step instructions in figuring out the mathematical problems that may be on the test.

Did you fail the "Pre-ASVAB" or the ASVAB itself? The Marine Corps gives a screening prior to discussing any potential contract. If it was the ASVAB you failed, ask your recruiter to take some time with you once you've purchased a study guide.

Good luck.
May 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Welcome to the forum, and good luck.
--
May 4th, 2004  
nikoloslvy

pre
i have the book.(cough!)not helping.you caqn see by my profile ive been to a number of schools.i got my ged(800 out of 800 in reading-remeber to self promote)but barely passed the math.im suprised my local grocer dosent ripp me off evry time i get change,then again i wouldnt know.
May 4th, 2004  
Razor

Welcome.
May 4th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Welcome Nik. PM me and tell me just what dificulties you might be facing with that math. And maybee...you might want to join the Air force instead?
May 4th, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
Welcome Nik. PM me and tell me just what dificulties you might be facing with that math. And maybee...you might want to join the Air force instead?
Hehehe.

Air Force guys do know their math so he is the best one to ask...
May 4th, 2004  
nikoloslvy

are you in the airforce or do you just wanna keep me out if youre marines(hehe)
ill pm if i got problems.i just had my old ged book mailed to me.mabey that will help.
May 4th, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoloslvy
are you in the airforce
Looks that way to me.
May 5th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Welcome to the forum, nikoloslvy