Who here has done Flight Training? - Page 3

--

September 10th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Yeah. We told her that...after making fun of her for about 3 hours.
September 10th, 2004  
Trevor

We always use air tow in pacific region. We've never even seen a winch or auto launch before. We use the L-19s too, none of this scout business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
That's pretty cool. What kind of tow was it? (Auto, aero or winch)

Most people around the RGS(A) site don't get 39 min flights even when they get brought up to 5 grand. We actually had one girl that got a 5 grand tow and she was down within 11 mins because she had to pee. Myself and the 6 other Cadets there wanted to smack her for that.
September 10th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Good ol' L-19's. The Atlantic region uses them as well.

Kinda strange that nobody that I know from ANY of the other regions do auto tow. It's actually cool to watch. It's like flying a kite.
--
October 4th, 2004  
Trevor

I had a pretty good flying day today. I've been out almost every weekend. I hope I get my fam rating by the end of this season.
October 4th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Nice. Good luck with that. I've had my licence since the summer of '02, but I never had enough time to get my famil rating.
October 4th, 2004  
Trevor

There was a sky diver that wandered into the gliding practice area this weekend. I missed him by about 200 feet. WHat a retard.
October 4th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Damn. That's rough
October 5th, 2004  
Trevor

Yea, the good thing was, it was completely his fault. He landed right by the LCO stand too. He got sorted after that.
October 6th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I can bet he did. If someone did that in Debert, they probably would get their reemed too.
June 28th, 2005  
CAP_FOXTROTgrl6

i do orientation rides all the time cessna 182 and some gliders fron NYC. orientation flights you do fly the plane, at least in my squadron/wing we do. I'm gettin my solo wings this summer so i can't wait. I know the commander of the 174th so he gets me flight time whenever he can.