Who here has done Flight Training? - Page 2

--

September 6th, 2004  
Trevor

Full spins are more fun.....Although spiral dives are pretty cool with the g's
September 6th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I'm with you on the spins, too. They're much more fun in a 2-33A than a C172, though. Stalls are pretty fun too.

BTW: Trevor, you're going to have fun when you do slow flight during Power Training. You're just above the stall speed and the controls are almost non-responsive. It's great.
September 6th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

O-flights. Usually I put people to sleep when I fly, but when the pilot told me to go over the pipes from the nuclear power plant, I surely woke them up. That scared me! I swear, I don't know how far down I went after that, but that was like BAM. lol.
--
September 6th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Their was one cadet i think he went to our squadron, he tried to do a barrel roll in a Cessna 172 around 1500 feet. Didnt recover till about 500 feet.
September 6th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I've seen a barrell roll in a C172 done before. It was quite an interesting sight to see.
September 6th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
Their was one cadet i think he went to our squadron, he tried to do a barrel roll in a Cessna 172 around 1500 feet. Didnt recover till about 500 feet.

Was that the last time he touched a CAP plane? Lol. Or was it on an O-Flight?
September 8th, 2004  
AFSteliga

If it was a CAP plane, I don't think that it would have gone over to well with the unit commander.
September 9th, 2004  
Trevor

I caught some awesome thermals when I was gliding Monday. I got a 39 minute flight from a 2000' tow.
September 9th, 2004  
AFSteliga

That's pretty cool. What kind of tow was it? (Auto, aero or winch)

Most people around the RGS(A) site don't get 39 min flights even when they get brought up to 5 grand. We actually had one girl that got a 5 grand tow and she was down within 11 mins because she had to pee. Myself and the 6 other Cadets there wanted to smack her for that.
September 10th, 2004  
JAdkinson

Cutting a Flight short cause she had to pee come on thats what empty drinking cups are for.