Help me out! Which movie is this from?

not positive, but it sounds like a band of Brothers quote... or something said to easy company anyways :D don't quote me on it tho

No, it's not from Band of Brothers if I can recall anything.

It sounds like something a non-com would be saying.

I think I know the part of Band of Brothers that you're referring to crazycadet, it sounds like something Lt.(?) Sobel said during the first episode, but I can't exactly place it.

I don't think that is from Band of Brothers. Not in the movies at least. He had him inspect the latrines and then put him on mess duty, but I don't think that line came up.

Hmmm, I should have put this in my last post but I forgot. I don't think this is correct, but it might have something to do with it. There are books written about a Pvt. McAuslan who is referred to as the "dirtiest soldier in the army" I am not sure who the authour is, but it should be easy to find in google. This probably isn't the source, unless the plural "soldiers" is an error in the original post. but it might be a background source.

I've tried to search for this quote, but no luck yet.

I need some more background information about it.....

I believe that might have been a quote from Lee Marvin in the movie "The Dirty Dozen".
That definately rings a bell though. I will go through the movies that I think that might be from and post an answer.

Mike

Chalk_1 said:
I believe that might have been a quote from Lee Marvin in the movie "The Dirty Dozen".
That definately rings a bell though. I will go through the movies that I think that might be from and post an answer.

Mike

Hi Chalk_1, welcome to the forum

Yeah, it sounds like it may be from "The Dirty Dozen".
It's a great movie by the way...

Thanks, glad to be here. I really like the forums. I have been looking for some new forums to post on since my previous one got shut down. I think I found my new home away from home. I might be linking a few of my buddies over here as well.

Mike

Chalk_1 said:

Mike

I think it from the dirty dozen to, but I haven't seen that one in a long time.....

Chalk_1 said:

I agree.I think it is from The Dirty Dozen

Yes, I, too, concur. Sounds like "The Dirty Dozen" to me. Which, might I add, is one hell of an awsome movie. Thank you. Thank you. :camo:

Have a feeling that ths was uttered by Dand McNeill in the books written by George McDonald Fraser. He was referring to Pvt J McAuslan. A glaswegian in the Gordon's after WWII. A man who had stood at El Alamein against Rommel, had done a stint in Burma and fought the Japs, and had to be forcibly washed twice by his comrades. Excellent books, "The General Danced At Dawn" "The Sheik And The Dustbin" and McAuslan In The Rough"

The Dirty Dozen

It's from the original movie "The Dirty Dozen". Lee Marvin says it to his 12 'convicted' troopers.

Back