Help me craft the perfect SF Resume

Rasputin

I have made it my goal to create the perfect Green Beret/US Army Special Operations, 10th Group resume.
I have a decent (3.5ish) GPA, with a myriad of AP History Courses. I have can take AP Psychology next year and am looking forward tot he possiblilty. I am in the 10th grade and semi fluent in SPanish(que puedo yo decir, me gusta aprender lenguas) and French (Ma mère est français de naissance). I am also looking to learn Arabic after Highschool because it is not offered at mine (only the first two lanuages are).
I am an only child of a single mother, and therefore neccessarily self-driven and self-reliant, although I work together well. People say I am a natural borne leader, and i suppose I can be. I am the President of an Interact Club at my school (over 60 people) and the FCCLA( Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) numbering over 20 people.
I also am an ex-Senior Patrol Leader(effectively a SArgeant Major of the Army, in which all NCO's are scouts and CO's are adult leaders.) My term of office has ended and I have retired to an ADvisor-to-the-Senior Patrol Leader Position. My advice is highly regarded and I am always 2nd in Command.
Through Boy Scouts, I have attained my Eagle Rank, and serve as a sole Wilderness Survival Merit Badge Instructer in the AFternoon and a sole Phyiscal Fitness Fitness(PT) in the morning. I have around 30-40 scouts ranging from 10-17 in each class and must effectively lead and manage them, alone. My bestfriend at camp happened to be the Orienteering teacher and we speny many a weekend plotting and creating courses for the boys through the Appalachian Mountains. As A result, I am quite handy with a map'n'compass.
Every Monday and Wednesday, I take 3 hours of Krav Maga (Isreali Streetfighting/Self Defense) and Am currently a level 2 (out of 6) I plan on becoming a Level 6 (blackbelt) by the time i join.
I am working towards Captain of the Cross COuntry team and run a 5k in around 22 minutes (a 7 minute mile).
I am reasonably built, standing 5'11, 165 pounds, I have a a very wiry build, but I can max around 220, but normally do 12-10-10-8 reps of a lesser weight. I consider myself intellectual, and constanstly reading books, such as Erwin Rommels Infantry Attacks, and the Campaigns of Napoleon by David Chandler. My absolute favorite author/historical figure is Julius Caesar, and his accounts of the Gallic WArs/Roman Civil War.
I am also a physics/mechanic nerd, and I absolutely love building things. In my backyard right now I have full working replicas of a Trebuchet(standing at around 6ft tall, without arm) and a Roman Onager, at 4ft tall) and Am currently designing a Ballistae.
Math is easy for me, but i don't particularly care for it. I have been raised around people and can easily communicate ideas (vivia en la ciudad de Nueva York/J'ai vécu à New York). I am usually quiet and kept to myself.
I am in my second year of AFJROTC(the only type they offer at my school) and the Sargeant-at-Arms of the class, and looking to be the FLight Leader Next year. I was the highest ranking first year, and am the highest ranking second year in my level.

Any other things you can think of?

Sincerely,
Rasputin

(aussi veuillez me pardonnerez parce que c'est ma première fois ici, et je ne suis pas familier avec vos règles et coutumes et
también por favor me perdone porque es mi primera vez aquí y no estoy familiarizado con las reglas y costumbres)

If you want to go enlisted you can sign up as an 18X.
Talk to your recruiter.
If you're as good as you say you are you have a good shot.
Oh and forget JROTC. I've met a few JROTC types... makes me wonder if all they do is sit around in Class As eating cookies.

All of these things are great, and will certainly help. But, you truly will not know how motivated you are until you're in the middle of selection. I would say the thing you should be the most concerned with at this point is PT. All the other stuff will come, but if you're not in absolute superb physical shape (like running 5 k in 20 minutes or less at a minimum, or rucking with 80-100lbs for 10-20 miles at a time) you simply won't make it. Even the most in shape candidates fail the course because they cannot take the mental strain or force their bodies to be pushed to the ultimate limit. Try not to get so caught up in having the best resume. Just workout religiously, and when you join the army take on every task with the utmost enthusiasm. NEVER QUIT EVER and you'll be fine.

Okay! Sorry, I just got back hiking this weekend but that's fantastic advice that really changed my mindset. I guess I did get caught up in the physical aspect of it. So it's more of determination, ingenuity and mental/emotional endurance-esque?

People who make it into any of the special operations throughout the world have a never quit attitude. The thought of failure never enters their minds. It is something that can't really be tought, but it can be cultivated and nourished. You are on the right track, just remember what you are there for. If you're there for the long tab, then you are there for the wrong reason...but if you are there to be the best and among the best, then you'll be fine. They don't need heroes in SF...they need true professionals.

I would also recommend taking the SF unit insignia off until you've earned the right to display it.

As said before, your run is slow - even for a "normal" soldier or Marine. Many of the Marine Corps midshipmen in my unit run their 5k in 18 minutes or less, which should be no sweat for someone who is working towards captain of any cross-country team.

Work on cardio.

I would also recommend taking the SF unit insignia off until you've earned the right to display it.

I strongly concur.

You dont form a resume for Special Forces. They dont care what rank you achieved in JROTC or what position you held on your high school track team.

Three things matter: Mental ability (fortitude and intellect), Physical Ability, and Social Maturity (Teamwork and Leadership). Everything else will be taught.

My recommendation? Get some real world experience outside of high school for at least 2 years. Maintain high physical and mental discipline. Should you then decide to join, enlist 18X and never quit.

And dont ever say that you were effectively a SMA or any other rank until you hold it.

SF seeks one thing and ONLY one thing: the ability to be trained. Focus on what you have already been trained in and you'll be thought of as a deficit requiring REtraining instead of training.

Everyone in any SOG MOS begins as an equal. If you are trying to set yourself apart, you're not submitting yourself as an equal. Never sell yourself short, but never sell yourself apart.

If you ever get to any SF training, you will be nothing but a peer amongst many of your constituents. You'll also be surrounded by many other plebes with combat experience. You'll be required to show leadership and to submit yourself to others at the same time.

If you honestly believe that you can impress people enough to have a shot, you have no clue what any SOG unit works around.

You're not going to make any SF friends waving your current avatar about.
Reminds me of fresh guys showing up at jump school with brand new Airborne tats.

If you need help to write a resume, I would say that you are certainly not material for SF, they want very self sufficient people who are willing to take on virtually any task, without help from others.

Yes,... even writing resumes.

Not really something you write a resume for. Go to SFAS and resign yourself to a two week ass kicking.

(Yes, I made it through everything but 1.5 days of team week and the infamous "Trek")

I think he means "Special operations group" type MOS....basically spec ops guys across the board, not just special forces....but that's just an assumption.

Def work on your PT, because I can run a 7 min, 25 sec mile for 6 miles, and my 2 mile is 11:50, I still dont think I would be able to keep up with some of the candidates for SF. I would suggest maybe going into a MOS that is not speacial forces, but special operations, spend the next few years trying to get Airborn, Air Assault, Pathfinder, and Ranger qualified before going SF, those boys do not play around and ARE the best.

Back