Hello

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
I am a staff officer in the U.S. Army. I have been in the military for over 20 years and started with this forum back in 2005 when I was deployed to Iraq for the first time. I was an Artillery Officer for the first half of my career and have been working in Information Operations for the second half.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Infidel.

How's the weather in Baghdad now? :)

Welcome Sir. Thanks for joining! It's good to have you here. Uhm and it makes us proud that you're there now. I noticed you've been posting a looooot, well that's cool. I'm the Italian Guy and I'm sure you'll like it here. Enjoy and take care of yourself.

Update: Wow I just saw some of your pictures. You know I was in SoCal as of last May. My best friend who works for the USN got married so I was one of the best men at the ceremony. Been to LA, San Diego, OC.
Uhm hey Major may I use some of your pictures from Iraq for an article on my blog? It is a conservative blog, part of a wider network in my country. Our mission is provide counterinformation to the liberal media of our country where US troops are often depicted as the bad guys. Your pictures would be useful to show some of the good stuff you guys do overthere (no I'm not talking about that picture with the chicks in pink). If you don't want me to do that, just let me know, no problem at all. I'll wait for your answer before I do anything.

Welcome aboard, Infidel. 8)

How come you country is showing up as Iraq? I assume you are a citizen of the USA? Am I mistaken?

Welcome! Yes, you'll definitely love this place! Just to let you know, there's a great feature known as the Chat Room, which is not very popular with the users, but we're trying to change that. ;) If you'd like, stop by some time! It's fun! I was new not so long ago, but I've taken this place by storm and now everyone hates me. :( J/K It's the opposite... Everyone's really nice! Have fun!

Redleg said:
Welcome to the forums Infidel.

How's the weather in Baghdad now? :)

A little more humid these days, I must say. It is cooling off these days. The high is no longer above 100 F, but right around 97 F. Almost put on a jacket the other day.

Italian Guy said:
Uhm hey Major may I use some of your pictures from Iraq for an article on my blog? It is a conservative blog, part of a wider network in my country. Our mission is provide counterinformation to the liberal media of our country where US troops are often depicted as the bad guys. Your pictures would be useful to show some of the good stuff you guys do overthere (no I'm not talking about that picture with the chicks in pink). If you don't want me to do that, just let me know, no problem at all. I'll wait for your answer before I do anything.

Yeah, sure you can use them, but plese give a photo credit of my website www.wideopenphoto.com

You can also get a lot of the "good news" stories at www.mnf-i.com
In the upper right hand corner there is an icon that says, "This Week in Iraq". It is a great source for the good news from this place.

Also, please PM me your blog address. Thanks.

Team Infidel said:
Yeah, sure you can use them, but plese give a photo credit of my website www.wideopenphoto.com

You can also get a lot of the "good news" stories at www.mnf-i.com
In the upper right hand corner there is an icon that says, "This Week in Iraq". It is a great source for the good news from this place.

Also, please PM me your blog address. Thanks.

Sure, thank you. Will do.

Team Infidel said:
I am a staff officer in the U.S. Army working for MNF-I here in Baghdad. Came by this forum because XXXXXXX refused to put a USO or military page on their site. Kind of glad I found this place.
Hey haven't you here latey,but welcome dude. :eek: :D

I wanted to introduce "Trolli Soldaten". He is my traveling companion on my next tour to Iraq. He also now has his own FaceBook page. Search for him by name if you would like follow his adventures.

trolli.jpg

Back