I have passed assessment day! - Page 2

--
Boots

May 3rd, 2005  
LIPS

Thats good and I hope you like Pucka.
May 4th, 2005  
Kilgore

Thanks guys. After hearing that there will be abrams in South Australia, im more interested in taking possibly the abrams path. However it all depends if they need extra crewman.
May 5th, 2005  
AussieNick

Now would be a good chance to get in on the ground floor with the Abrams. By the way, the Abrams would not be permenant in SA. They would be a single sabre squadron (that is a "fighting" squadron) on a rotating roster at Cultana range. 1st Armoured Reg would still be based in Darwin. They'd have 1 sabre squadron at Cultana training, 1 Sabre squadron in Darwin under repairs/maintenance, and 1 sabre squadron on ready reaction, so you'd spend approx a 3rd of your time in SA. Plus a lot of rail travel.
--
Boots
May 6th, 2005  
CavScout

When I joined the US Army at 17 I had shallow hip sockets that allowed for more than normal movement, very similar to what you described. Because they were shallow my leg could come out of socket easier than normal and it had in the past. I was told that with strengthening that the muscles would hold it in place which it did. I did have to get a medical waiver and that took like 6 weeks to get approved but it did. So unless yours are really screwed up you'll probably be fine.
May 7th, 2005  
Kilgore

Well im so far torn between ASLAV and M1abram. Both are great really. Its a pity the M1's aren't staying in SA.

It sounds that this hip thing is quite common. I also know someone else who has the same thing. He was lucky they didn't detect it though. So it took you 6 weeks to see somone! Im lucky enough to get an appointment in 2 weeks.
May 7th, 2005  
AussieNick

If you want to get posted overseas go to 2 cav, if you want to spend your life in Australia go to 1st Armoured. We don't like to send tanks overseas, ever.... or not since Vietnam at least.