You have to arm a country - Page 4




 
--
 
March 14th, 2015  
tetvet
 
What makes the American Soldier great is the fact that he can Think and Adapt From the cold in Korea the heat in Vietnam the sand and dreariness of the ME in a short time the American adapts though all this is very foreign to him , there is more much more but this will do for now .
March 14th, 2015  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
What makes the American Soldier great is the fact that he can Think and Adapt From the cold in Korea the heat in Vietnam the sand and dreariness of the ME in a short time the American adapts though all this is very foreign to him , there is more much more but this will do for now .
Theirs truth in this but the same could be said for the British soldier. They took part in the ME and the heat of N Africa, the cold of the Falklands
and had a contingent in the Korean war as well. They have been the our ally time and time again
March 14th, 2015  
Kesse81
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
What makes the American Soldier great is the fact that he can Think and Adapt From the cold in Korea the heat in Vietnam the sand and dreariness of the ME in a short time the American adapts though all this is very foreign to him , there is more much more but this will do for now .
Oh really!
I have been on several NATO exercises in which we and other nations really kicked some American ass
--
March 14th, 2015  
tetvet
 
We are not talking about the same American Soldier , the American Soldier has never been any good in exercises because he knows exercises are just BS a game .
March 14th, 2015  
tetvet
 
British Soldiers for the most part are professional Soldiers the American Soldier in WWI WWII Korea and Vietnam were hardly professional be turned out to be very good at what they did .
March 15th, 2015  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
British Soldiers for the most part are professional Soldiers the American Soldier in WWI WWII Korea and Vietnam were hardly professional be turned out to be very good at what they did .
I am actually very surprised at that post as tevet is so anti British.

The vast majority of British troops, sailors and airmen during WW1, WW2, Korea, Malaya, Borneo, Cyprus, Palestine, Suez to name a few conflicts, were national service, or in your words, drafted. They were also very good at what they did.
March 15th, 2015  
tetvet
 
I said the American Soldier was Great not Greater .
March 16th, 2015  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
I said the American Soldier was Great not Greater .
I never suggested your post said that.

Maybe there's hope for you yet.
March 16th, 2015  
Kesse81
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
We are not talking about the same American Soldier , the American Soldier has never been any good in exercises because he knows exercises are just BS a game .
Remember, "you will fight as you train!"
Any soldier, no matter where he's from, can think and adapt.
March 18th, 2015  
The Think Tanker
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
Remember, "you will fight as you train!"
Any soldier, no matter where he's from, can think and adapt.
If your using solely training exercises as reference for the effectiveness of the soldier in the US army (or Marines) you could also find several NATO exercises where the US demolished its competition. Besides, the American army and military has had more experience then any other in the world in recent conflicts, this means that the troops, in effect, have far more experience, which is much more important then a training exercise.
 


Similar Topics
Letter to Cameron and Milliband (from a 72 year old pensioner)
Texas Country Musician? (the real deal)
Country and City Boys
The rising of an Empire and the future invasion of Europe!
What was said on the 3rd presidential debate.