Hand Grenade - Page 2

View Poll Results :Thrown a grenade before?
YES 32 55.17%
NEVER 4 6.90%
WOULD LIKE TO 22 37.93%
WOULDN'T TOUCH IT 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 15th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Haven't thrown one before, but I'd like to.
October 16th, 2004  
The Other Guy

never have. own a dead one though.....
October 16th, 2004  
Metal Head

No, but i'd like to.
--
October 16th, 2004  
The Other Guy

I would like to sling on into a bunker bristling with firing MGs.
October 16th, 2004  
SOT_II

Topic: Re: Hand Grenade

MOUT, CQB, genades are VERY relevent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
Hand grenades are part of the personal weapon of a soldier.

Do you think hand grenades are still relevant today as most fighting will be done beyond the throwing range of a grenade?

Have you thrown a grenade before -- like the experience?
October 21st, 2004  
03USMC

There will always be a use for grenades. Especially for the Infantry.
December 21st, 2004  
Salient

The most certainly are relevant. Especially in FIBUA. A lot of battles are fought in urban terrain these days. Take iraq for example. Ive thrown a couple and never mind the shrapnel the bang is enough to take the wind out of anyones sails
December 4th, 2005  
sven hassell

The first time I ever threw a frag grenade I was suprised at the damage it did.I had visions of all the targets being obliterated as I had seen in movies.Instead there was a few holes here and there(although i wouldnt want such holes in my person).
Check out the HG85 made by RUAG munitions. If anyone has thrown one of these please let me know is this "pearl" all its cracked up to be? I think the British army have aquired these(or so I read).
December 5th, 2005  
DTop

Hand grenades certainly have thier use. I've used many of them and I'd hate to be without them.
Sven, ya they hurt like hell when you're on the receiving end of them (long story but trust me).
December 5th, 2005  
Missileer

I still have the ring from the pin of the first live grenade I threw. I keep my keys on it and have since 1962. Mil spec key ring.