Hair Cuts.

I don't give a flying f*ck for your constitution, or the Oath, I'm more of a common sense type of person myself. You think that the Constitution is inviolable? Try pleading your 4th Amendment Rights to your border security personnel when they stop your vehicle for a search 100 miles from the border, without probable cause.

If you want to play games, stay at home and join some gaming group on the internet, let Servicemen do what Servicemen must. In my day anyone with your attitude would have been labelled a Barrack Room Lawyer and you would have attracted grief like sh!t attracts flies.

And personally I don't think that you'd know "Communism" if it bit you on the butt.

Well I highly doubt any common sense from your blatant ignorance and short temper, or your questioning of my service. I was just stating the 100% truth as it says to do in the forum rules. No opinion just truth. Sorry if you are somehow against religion or something or you are apparently horrible at multitasking and somehow think that if you are also very religious and practice it frequently it will somehow ruin your military career. Judging from this belief you hold some sort of grudge against those that place G-d before country.

Last edited:
Read the rules, sign the enlistment form, follow orders (oral and written) and live the adventure. If you're asking these sorts of questions now, the Air Force (or the military) is not for you. Always amazes me that folks think the rules won't apply to them because they are so special and different.

Read the rules, sign the enlistment form, follow orders (oral and written) and live the adventure. If you're asking these sorts of questions now, the Air Force (or the military) is not for you. Always amazes me that folks think the rules won't apply to them because they are so special and different.

WHAT?? I've been in the military, in the US Army in fact, and served as an Indirect Fire Infantryman.

As far as the rules go I posted the form straight from the DOD. You know the department of defense.

It amazes me that some kid who has probably never served is telling me that I don't think the rules apply to me, and that the military is not for me.

What question did I ask?

It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. Do you agree with the DOD?
If you don't agree with the DOD then perhaps the military is not for you.

That ain't religion, Cochies. :wink:

20100410-s97uq5weppdyjbsf2gr88u3d5.jpg

Is this a "True" military forum? With "Legit" members? Or is this yet another "Call of duty told me this", forum?

I would figure that people who have actually served like myself would be able to place themselves outside the little picture and look at the big one.

The undeniable facts, NOT OPINIONS, have been posted, in what source? Oh the DOD.
I am done trying to prove something to some people who can't understand what one of the highest levels of military authority has all ready put in writing.

How can one be outside the rules if he is only doing what the rules permit him to do?

Could I please have someone with the ability to think outside the box look into this? Preferably someone who isn't wearing Gung-Ho blinders.

Last edited:
That ain't religion, Cochies. :wink:

20100410-s97uq5weppdyjbsf2gr88u3d5.jpg

Nope it's not.... but It falls under the same guidelines that we are talking about. Under certain circumstances such as mission requirements, religion, culture, and or medical reasons people are allowed to change the uniform standard a slight bit. I am also in no way a chief of anything.

Last edited:
Is this a "True" military forum? With "Legit" members? Or is this yet another "Call of duty told me this", forum?

I would figure that people who have actually served like myself would be able to place themselves outside the little picture and look at the big one.

The undeniable facts, NOT OPINIONS, have been posted, in what source? Oh the DOD.
I am done trying to prove something to some people who can't understand what one of the highest levels of military authority has all ready put in writing.

How can one be outside the rules if he is only doing what the rules permit him to do?
Hey man, you're the one that used a photo out of context to try and prove your point. I simply pointed it out for ya.

I don't think anyone said the DoD won't allow exception policies. I even admitted I was wrong on that from my older posts once you pointed it out. Doesn't mean we agree that it's right or that you should be able to use your religion as an excuse to skirt the standards. Because like it or not, those are EXCEPTION policies, not standard policies.

I don't agree with having an exception policy to grooming standards based on religion. It's that simple. You don't have to like it, it's how it is.

As for your snippy remark about this being a call of duty site. You might want to watch how you attempt to smack others service there Mr 11C10, keep it civil and don't go that route because your background won't match a lot of the guys on this board.

Now chill out and put on your big boy pants and let's either continue the discussion or call it quits.:peace:

And for Clockwise, you might want to read the recent posts posts dude. :wink:

Hey man, you're the one that used a photo out of context to try and prove your point. I simply pointed it out for ya.

I don't think anyone said the DoD won't allow exception policies. I even admitted I was wrong on that from my older posts once you pointed it out. Doesn't mean we agree that it's right or that you should be able to use your religion as an excuse to skirt the standards. Because like it or not, those are EXCEPTION policies, not standard policies.

I don't agree with having an exception policy to grooming standards based on religion. It's that simple. You don't have to like it, it's how it is.

As for your snippy remark about this being a call of duty site. You might want to watch how you attempt to smack others service there Mr 11C10, keep it civil and don't go that route because your background won't match a lot of the guys on this board.

Now chill out and put on your big boy pants and let's either continue the discussion or call it quits.:peace:

And for Clockwise, you might want to read the recent posts posts dude. :wink:

So let me get this straight.

#1 Its okay for someone else to say vulgar terms against me.
#2 When I use a perfectly normal term to criticize someone, it's wrong.
#3 Official Documents from the DOD don't mean anything?
#4 I am somehow wrong, only because my faith in G-d comes before anything else.

If I am suddenly a bad soldier and a bad person by world standards for believing in my G-d above anything else, while I performed my duties in a professional military manner, while following the rules layed out before me that protect my ability to do so, then so be it. I will not put a worldly standard before one from G-d.

If I would have been punished for wearing my facial hair, then oh well. I would have taken it and refused to trim the sides of my beard, "Sideburns". For what are you fighting for if someone cannot openly believe in what they want? What constitution are you protecting if you deny that right?

If you don't fight to protect the rights that are given to us, then what good is anything? Just might as well let them take away our firearms too. Oh and freedom of speech.

I am only trying to prove the point that people need to think on a bigger scale than just the remedial tasks that most soldiers are assigned. Think of the big picture. What is your main goal? To Defend the Constitution!

I'm not trying to have a "my dad can kick your dad's butt" argument, like some people have made it into..... not you, mainly the guy who isn't even from our country telling me to F Off, when he hasn't a clue what the rules are. I'm simply just outwardly showing my belief in the constitution, and the Freedoms in which it stands for.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight.

#1 Its okay for someone else to say vulgar terms against me.
#2 When I use a perfectly normal term to criticize someone, it's wrong.
#3 I don't know what I'm talking about because someone with more posts than me says so.
#4 Official Documents from the DOD don't mean anything?
#5 I am somehow wrong, only because my faith in G-d comes before anything else.

No one said any of that. You're making this far too personal.

I will only address #3. My comments to you concerning others is based on your snippy remark regarding others service, I said nothing about post count. Hence the reason I highlighted your skill level. You may have an ego the size of a mac truck, but you don't have the experience to back it up. So just try to remember that before you attempt to slap a "not real military" sticker on anyone here simply because they disagree with a particular exception policy.

I think it's time to call it a day on this particular discussion, it's getting way overboard and overly dramatic.

Exit ......... stage right! ------------------>

As far as i am aware, it is for the most part what I would see as a "true" military Forum, and just as in the "true" military, the people here will say it like they see it. If you just want someone to just rub your tummy and nod their head, I think you'll find that you have probably come to the wrong place.

I dunno about today, but in my day military personnel were generally fairly "traditional"* and not overly pleased about those members who didn't quite fit in the square. These are the people who we find, attract attention, and it usually comes in the form of some form of extracurricular physical and mental discomfort. (The "Ways and Means Act" as it was referred to)

* Traditional in the military sense, not the individualist or religious sense.

I don't give a flying f*ck for your constitution, or the Oath, I'm more of a common sense type of person myself. You think that the Constitution is inviolable? Try pleading your 4th Amendment Rights to your border security personnel when they stop your vehicle for a search 100 miles from the border, without probable cause.

If you want to play games, stay at home and join some gaming group on the internet, let Servicemen do what Servicemen must. In my day anyone with your attitude would have been labelled a Barrack Room Lawyer and you would have attracted grief like sh!t attracts flies.

And personally I don't think that you'd know "Communism" if it bit you on the butt.

No one said that, did they? I took that personally aimed comment, to personal.

And as to his second post.

"I dunno about today, but in my day military personnel were generally fairly "traditional"* and not overly pleased about those members who didn't quite fit in the square. These are the people who we find, attract attention, and it usually comes in the form of some form of extracurricular physical and mental discomfort. (The "Ways and Means Act" as it was referred to)"

So I guess from what you are saying I have something mentally or physically wrong with me because I choose to put G-d before country?

Last edited:
I'm not going to have a ball measuring contest when people are to lazy to read the official form from the DOD. Or fight to defend my religion against people who don't believe the same way that I do. Therefore I am just wasting time. I can tell by some comments from a person, that any religious views are somehow not okay.

Last edited:
Like I said, if your religion is so important as to overrule the accepted rules of dress or grooming (for everyone else), you need to join the clergy, not the Armed Forces. I went through all this crap some years ago on another forum about a guy who wanted to serve but said the Force had to exempt him from having inoculations.

He got the same answer from the recruiter,.... "Go away and bother someone else, we don't have time to pander to individualists".

Like I said, if your religion is so important as to overrule the accepted rules of dress or grooming (for everyone else), you need to join the clergy, not the Armed Forces. I went through all this crap some years ago on another forum about a guy who wanted to serve but said the Force had to exempt him from having inoculations.

He got the same answer from the recruiter,.... "Go away and bother someone else, we don't have time to pander to individualists".

Well I all ready joined. I all ready served. And no one had a problem about my facial hair. Hasn't anyone read the OFFICIAL DOD paper?

Its not individuality. Its freedom of religion. It only seems it's religion you have the problem with.

Last edited:
Well I all ready joined. I all ready served. And no one had a problem about my facial hair. Hasn't anyone read the OFFICIAL DOD paper?

Its not individuality. Its freedom of religion. It only seems it's religion you have the problem with.
Hence my comment about the bloke who didn't think that he should have the same innoculations as everyone else? C'mon, you are running out of excuses. There's always an excuse to justify selfish peoples exemptions from the general rules of the society in which they live, and believe me, I think I have heard most of them.

There's always got to be some one, or group who think that the rules should not apply to them. And Yes,... I don't like religions of any variety, as I don't feel that any adult who believes an invisible man living in the sky, should be allowed to carry anything more dangerous than a pair of children's round nosed safety scissors, and definitely not allowed to ever make decisions that could possibly affect the lives of others, either friend or foe.

Last edited:
If religion wanted you to walk around with your little fella hanging out all the time, would you do that in uniform?
And sorry mate, but every member that has posted in this thread is a bona fide member.
No little school girl stories here, just the truth.
Just because the DoD allow you to do something doesnt make it right!

If religion wanted you to walk around with your little fella hanging out all the time, would you do that in uniform?
And sorry mate, but every member that has posted in this thread is a bona fide member.
No little school girl stories here, just the truth.
Just because the DoD allow you to do something doesnt make it right!

Facial hair isn't the same as a reproductive male organ.... come on you have to be kidding me.

So basically what your saying is, don't follow directives that were set in place by the part of the government that runs the military?

I don't think that he is questioning the directives. Bit I'd say that he is questioning the need for them to be enacted in the first place for such a petty reason.

I also think that you could see this, but, you elected to play dumb. Or isn't an act?

Maybe his religion demands that he doesn't have to march in step, or shower???? It all just gets too stupid for words once you start making exceptions for people's personal choices.

Last edited:
Back