H&K's new XM8 - Page 9

View Poll Results :Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?
Yes 16 59.26%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 1st, 2004  
chasec1328

Topic: read the comparison at hk-usa.com

if you read the comparison between the two the have several diff barrel lengths up to 20''
June 1st, 2004  

Topic: Re: they do have a 20inch barrel mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1328
they do have a 20 inch barrel mod for it but carbon fiber is tuff so i ques its cool but i watched the video of the commentary and read the comparison and watched the full auto video and i personally wouldnt mind the chang emuch except for the look but thats alright
Whoa, you're in a hurry, aren't you?

Quote:
if you read the comparison between the two the have several diff barrel lengths up to 20''
if you read the entire topic, you'll find out that we've talked about barrel lengths already...
June 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Like I told another member earlier, there's a new invention out that they're calling a "period." Sounds pretty interesting, I would look into it if I were you, 1328.

And like 1217 said, if you read the whole topic, we have spent much time on the barrel length already, with its pros and cons listed and discussed.
--
June 1st, 2004  
ruger322003

Topic: Range

If the barrel is 12.5 inchs would it have a less effective range of the M-4 I really cant comment on the rifle because i have never heard about it.
June 1st, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Topic: Re: Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger322003
If the barrel is 12.5 inchs would it have a less effective range of the M-4 I really cant comment on the rifle because i have never heard about it.
Yeah, thats the big problem.
June 2nd, 2004  
chasec1328

my bad bout the period thing but its alot simpler to type like this u no
June 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
I do know that it is easier, but stop.

Now back on topic.....
June 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:

Well, maybe easier to type like that, but its much, much more irritating to read. QUIT IT.
June 4th, 2004  
Desert Blossom

here's some more information that I've found...I had no idea this thing was interchangeable...

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/...soldiertech.nl
June 5th, 2004  

Muzzle Velocity:
XM8:
3005 feet/second (M855 Ball) with 20" barrel
2675 feet/second with 12.5" barrel
2365 feet/second with 9.0" barrel

M16/A2:
3,100 feet/second

Now that's not what I wanted to hear... According to this the 20" version will be outperformed by the m-16! I hope these numers aren't right...