H&K's new XM8 - Page 6

View Poll Results :Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?
Yes 16 59.26%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--

May 21st, 2004  
Redleg

Edited your post a bit, webshots doesn't like direct linking to their images..

Nice "weapon"..
May 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: lol

Yes rovai, and maybe diffrent options for the sounds?
May 21st, 2004  
Marksman

too 90's for me now,good old m1a1 does the job
--
May 22nd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I dont like the fact that the Army is the one testing it out when it should really be Recon and Navy Seals, those are the guys who should really be testing it out. If it can surivive with Recon and Navy Seals it can survive with the rest.
May 22nd, 2004  
Marksman

thats right,it should be put to test first,in battle if possible
May 22nd, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
thats right,it should be put to test first,in battle if possible
You want to "test" it in "battle" What would happen to the guys testing it if it fails?
May 22nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
I dont like the fact that the Army is the one testing it out when it should really be Recon and Navy Seals, those are the guys who should really be testing it out. If it can surivive with Recon and Navy Seals it can survive with the rest.

May 22nd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Why doesn't the Army just go back to using the Garand?

We're the most advanced, strongest, best, military power in the whole world yet we cannot design a good rifle. Go figure.

Note: Of course I speak from a total lack of experience and prejudgement, just putting two and two together after all I heard about them.
May 22nd, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
You want to "test" it in "battle" What would happen to the guys testing it if it fails?
Then the rifle is no good
May 22nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
We're the most advanced, strongest, best, military power in the whole world yet we cannot design a good rifle. Go figure.
The M16 family are great weapons, as are the M4s. Any weapons platform is going to have things about it that are less than perfect, and these rifles are not exceptions to this rule, but they are very much good weapons.
You were joking about the M1, right?