GUYS (looking for some advice from the Opposite sex)

--
Boots

January 6th, 2005  
CanadianCowgirl

Topic: GUYS (looking for some advice from the Opposite sex)

Well, I've recently come out of a nearly 2 year relationship and I'm just getting back into the whole dationg thing again. I was wondering what advice you guys had for me. I've also been recently told that guys don't see military women as "real women". Is that true? Obviously I wouldn't quit my career just to get guys but I was just curious....
January 6th, 2005  
Charge 7

Whover told you that, cadet, is an idiot and not worth listening to. Don't worry about your service being a point of contention. If anything it would be a plus for you. Someone with values they are willing to stand by are always desirable to someone of like mind. Plenty of time to find someone too. Just enjoy life and be yourself. Time has a way of working these things out.
January 6th, 2005  
implicature

personally i would say don't date! just go out with your girlfriends and have fun doing whatever you want whenever you want because when you date you have to plan around two different lifestyles instead of just your own!
as far as military women not qualifying as women i would say that at this point in life you have prbably realized that most men are full of $|-|!+ so just ignore them in the first place!
--
Boots
January 6th, 2005  
CanadianCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by implicature
as far as military women not qualifying as women i would say that at this point in life you have prbably realized that most men are full of $|-|!+ so just ignore them in the first place!
lol, thanks I'll remember that
January 6th, 2005  
chewie_nz

best piece of relationship advice i ever got was from my best friends dad...

"girls are crazy" (which has never been wrong!)

and guys are easy

i'll explain, so many times i've been told by female friends of mine that they don't "get" guys, so i tell them, we're easy there are only three things we actively care about at a base level;

1/ am i hungry
2/ am i horny
3/ am i having fun

i figure that if a girl can solve those three problems, the relationship should truck along quite nicely... has worked for me! (4 & a half years so far!)
January 6th, 2005  
CanadianCowgirl

OK, the 3 H's, I'll try to remember that
January 6th, 2005  
CABAL

No don't take that 3 H's advice. Some of the rational guys out there are not that disgustingly Primitive.

What I advise is for the partner to share something common so the two have something to talk about. Engaging interesting dialouge is important....according to Marital Studies from Humanistic Psychological studies and....personal experience.
January 6th, 2005  
Charge 7

"Some of the rational guys out there are not that disgustingly Primitive."

Amen
January 6th, 2005  
sgtbreeden

I guess I am not one of those rational guys then because at the moment I am thinking I am hungry, I am NOT having fun and well what makes everything fun????
January 6th, 2005  
CABAL

Yes you are rational. You're thinking and using logic.