Gun control surfaces in Senate debates after Colo. shooting

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
A mass shooting Friday in Aurora, Colo., that left 12 dead and 58 wounded has already*pushed the issue of gun control into the local political dialogue across the country. This weekend, two high-profile Senate race debates in Virginia and Connecticut tackled the topic. At the Democratic Connecticut Senate debate Sunday afternoon, Rep. Chris Murphy and [...]

Read more...

It's been said over and over again, ban guns and only criminals will have them. No one can legislate for morons, maniacs or criminals, they ignore the law anyway.

So what is your answer do nothing, throw more guns at the situation perhaps?

Like it or not something has to be done and I am more convinced than ever that the problem is the screening or lack of for people buying weapons however in this case I don't think any amount of screening would have prevented him carrying out this act.

So for as horrendous as his actions were and as much as it would be great to be able to argue about arms control it would not have helped in this case nor will it ever prevent random acts such as this.

I never said throw more guns anywhere, don't try and put words in my mouth. So what's your answer Monty, what can be done that's not already been done?
You can legislate until you turn blue or hell freezes over. The fact is, no matter what laws are passed or some sort of screening, maniacs like this will always get their hands on guns.

Did you know that murder is illegal? Yet thousands of murders are committed every year. GASP!

Last edited:
I never said throw more guns anywhere, don't try and put words in my mouth. So what's your answer Monty, what can be done that's not already been done?
You can legislate until you turn blue or hell freezes over. The fact is, no matter what laws are passed or some sort of screening, maniacs like this will always get their hands on guns.

Did you know that murder is illegal? Yet thousands of murders are committed every year. GASP!

As I pointed out in this case I do not think anything can be done it was a perfect example of an unpredictable act.

He wasn't a known nutjob, he had no history of criminal activity or mental illness so I can see no reason why he should not have owned firearms.

So my answer in this case is to do nothing and write it off as a random case of insanity.

Back