Guess who this WW2 leader is......

This one is a bit tougher...

5ls9.jpg

No, Its [SIZE=-1]General Anthony C. McAuliffe. (the 101st badge gives it away)

I know its correct. (I swear I didn't cheat, but I did double-check my suspicion before posting). I'm going to give you mine right away as I am going to be busy later on...

Who is this famous general? Good Luck.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Nope, keep trying.

It isn't an easy one, so I'll give you a hint.

This General was NOT a battlefield commander. But in 1944 he made history for something he REFUSED to do.

Last edited:
No, Keep trying.

A person has guessed it correctly (Kudos to him) but has asked to remain anonymous. So keep trying...

I think Schindler was a civilian. All I can think of for not doing something is General Dietrich von Choltitz for ignoring Hitler's orders to burn Paris.

Misslieer is probably right. General Dietrich von Choltitz is only general that I know refused to burn Paris by order of Hitler.

I think Schindler was a civilian. All I can think of for not doing something is General Dietrich von Choltitz for ignoring Hitler's orders to burn Paris.

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations to Missileer (and MontyB).

Your turn Missileer.

Cooler

who was the CO of the first American Airborne unit to make a combat jump?
It is a fascinating question but should it be on the other thread which is awaiting a question (I think) so we keep this one for photos?

Cooler

It is a fascinating question but should it be on the other thread which is awaiting a question (I think) so we keep this one for photos?

I can move them over since I was the culprit that didn't post a picture. To continue this thread, go to WWII Quiz.

Last edited:
I think it is Misileers turn but perhaps he wouldn't mind if you had a go for a change, since there is nothing happening anyway?

Have a go MightyMacbeth

Back