Guerila fighting - Page 2

--

June 8th, 2004  
Marksman

So whats the purpous of all the SF's in da world??
June 8th, 2004  
Rotty261

There is a way to fight guerillas and insurgents and we are now doing it in Iraq. The only problem is that you lose troops doing it, not always but you do lose them. And to try and not cause much collateral damage (civilian casualties) you have to get in there and fight, no major air strikes or carpet bombing. Once you have troops embedded in the mix of it you start to lose some. Then you get the negative media spin and people start bad mouthing the war causing troops morale to lower. And that is probably what these guerillas want cause once morale goes done our fighting force is not as effective as it can be and the guerillas have served their purpose.

In my opinion we need to stay in our fortified positions over there and stop patrolling the cities for awhile and let all the folks that don't want us there understand that we do have a purpose and then they will probably be more willing to cooperate with us to get our jobs done and not suffer as many casualities.
June 14th, 2004  
Marksman

Well the only problem with fortified positions is that you have no overall control on situation.......
--
June 14th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
I guess you mean SOF?
June 15th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
Marksman wrote:
I guess you mean SOF?
Ahh the same stuff,anyway what is their purpouse than to break gerola groups
June 15th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
Quote:
I guess you mean SOF?
June 15th, 2004  
Marksman

yeah,so would anyone please explain it to me
June 15th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
Quote:
I guess you mean SOF?
Yes RnderSafe, I've actually learned something from you in my time on this forum....

Quote:
yeah,so would anyone please explain it to me
SF=Army SOF=all branches (Right RnderSafe? )
June 15th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
SF=Army SOF=all branches (Right RnderSafe? )
As far as the US military is concerned, yes.

SOF includes all Special Operatoins Units/Groups. SF, Special Forces, is a specific title given to a specific Special Operations Group, like Navy SEALs, Air Force CCTs .. etc.
June 15th, 2004  
Marksman

So somebody recently said that in guerilla warfare you should fortifie your self and wait.........well i think that that is a bad way,cuz you dont have any control of the situation,so what would it be??the thing or the way to inialate guearila presence in the area??