GTM

Brownie

i am a cadet. In michigan there is a new ground team member program.its this really odd ..not so good tier program and the first part to it is GTM3 that is like being GTM and insted of form 101t's we now have SQTR's.,.....odd i know

C/MSgt Brown
SAR Academy
GTM3

Brownie said:
i am a cadet. In michigan there is a new ground team member program.its this really odd ..not so good tier program and the first part to it is GTM3 that is like being GTM and insted of form 101t's we now have SQTR's.,.....odd i know

C/MSgt Brown
SAR Academy
GTM3

we still just use 101

Actually, this is a National thing.

Might wanna talk to your ES Officer about it. Ok, so that isn't a might. YOu really need too. Its very confusing, but its good to stay updated.

CrazyCadet142 said:
Actually, this is a National thing.

Might wanna talk to your ES Officer about it. Ok, so that isn't a might. YOu really need too. Its very confusing, but its good to stay updated.

I am working on GTM lv 3 and we use the same stuff used 5 years ago

The new levels are based by national, there are 3 levels, 3 being the lowest and 1 being the highest, for different ratings, GTM, IC, and AL

Yes they are now called SQTR Cards now "Specialty Qualification Training Cards" and they replace what we use to call "101 T's" but many people still go by that name.

If any of you actually participate in the mission of ES, you all should be looking at the regulations for such. the CAPR 60-3 contains all the information about the skill levels, and all the changes to the ES system. Look it up.

If you feel it unnecessary to believe me, not to boast, but know that I am one of the best ES members in California Wing, I was the ONLY cadet GTL in the wing, that was actually approved, and had the rating on my 101 card.

If any of you would like information on ES or ratings, feel free to contact me on aim or whatever.

Brownie to help you out, GTM 3 , has a limited amount of information they need to know to be able to be called a "GTM" they have little to no field experience, can not RON, and usually only stay somewhere for a few hours and then get relieved, they know the basics of finding people, and how to treat certain stress induced problems. and know the basics of compass.

GTM 2, have the ability to RON, and need to be masters at navigation, and map work, but still have the ability to find the person and complete the objective, they may stay in the field for about a day or so, and maybe overnight.

GTM 1, are the best GTM', and need to have everything mastered, they have the ability to RON for a few days if needed, and can still get the job down to the best of heir ability. they know how to coordinate with aircrew's, and work with dog teams, and they know how to organize, plan, and produce a search line, and hasty search operations. the next step up from them is GTL.

Yes, GTM stands for Ground Team Member, Which is what we call our members who are qualified for search and rescue. the Ground Team Leaders, control the GTM's, and the Ground Branch Directors, control everyone from base.

Back