Großer Zapfenstreich

ObjSRgtLw

Only abstracts, i hope you enjoy it. I Remember my father commanded a
"Großer Zapfenstreich" in Nürnberg in 1994. I'm always very moved when i watch it :)

Einmarsch

Des Großen Kurfürsten Reitermarsch

Last edited:
In my opinion Germany has some of the best marches in the world, "Alte Kammeraden" is my favourite. The band was excellent to watch and listen to, very smart without being "flashy"

Last edited:
I like 'Preußens Gloria' the most, 'Alte Kameraden' is also very good but makes me sad every time ;)

Preußens Gloria (2nd song)

Last edited:
Ahh, my friend, it will be different when you are old enough to have old comrades.

When my intake of Junior Recruits had their 45th reunion this year the Navy band played Old Comrades in our honour. It bought many a tear to our eyes, but it also bought great pride and a renewed sense of comradeship.

I must admit though, Preußens Gloria is a beautiful piece of military music, the trumpeter was exceptional.

Last edited:
Oh i think the song you mean is "Ich hatt' einen Kameraden", it is played on military funerals for example.
Ich hatt' einen Kameraden

"Alte Kameraden" is a very nice song but its very different ;)
Alte Kameraden

I was referring to the first because the other song is rather happy, but i like it- i also reffered to the wrong name...
or am i confused now? ^^

I like 'Preußens Gloria' the most, 'Alte Kameraden' is also very good but makes me sad every time ;)

Preußens Gloria (2nd song)

As much as I like Preußens Gloria I think I prefer the first piece of music in that set Der Koniggratzer March.

That's the one, Alte Kameraden. It would be the only German March known in Australia by it's German name. It's a great march.

Back